on 3 December 2015
I love Kitchen Devils knives and would buy these in preference over others for their sharpness. The design has changed from the ones I already have (two) they are not as sharp, but good nevertheless. They also did a great vegetable knife, but again the design changed and although they are good, still not as good as the previous design. Updating design does not necessarily make it a better product.
on 30 May 2014
The product description is rather lacking; it doesn't mention the serrated blade, for instance, and they could have made it clear that the 4.5 in the title refers to the length of the blade; but I'm pleased with the knife and it does all the jobs I want it to do. And as I don't have a dishwasher, there's no danger of the blade going rusty!
on 28 November 2015
What can I say about this wonderful little knife?
For years I've always had TWO of these knifes in my kitchen drawer. Because they are so useful I was always concerned that if I mislaid one, at least I'd have another one to fall back on. A few days ago one of them came apart from the handle and I had to throw it in the bin. It must have been at least twenty years old and it was like saying goodbye to an old friend! I was delighted to find a replacement on Amazon, and am seriously thinking of ordering another, just in case.
These knives are just wonderful for slicing items up thinly, such as cucumber, onions, tomatoes, courgettes, apples, lemons etc, also brilliant for cheese, cutting open a bread roll, testing to see if veggies are cooked properly by sticking the pointy end in, and loads and loads of other useful things. However, not so good for cutting up hard vegetables such as carrot, potato, parsnip etc. For these a vegetable knife is recommended, and Kitchen Devil do an excellent one.
on 30 October 2012
This knife is really comfortable and has a very sharp (serrated) blade.
I haven't used it for a long time to claim about its quality but regarding the cutting use, it satisfies me completely!
on 13 June 2016
We lost our first knife, we think someone thought it might have been theirs because we took it on holiday in our camper, things do tend to get lost, anyway, Amazon to the rescue with my lovely shiny sharp knife, it is such a practical knife, it is useful for so many things from slicing vegetables, cutting bread, coring peppers, the list goes on and on.
on 27 February 2016
Great quality knife. I bought this to replace my previous Kitchen Devil which had sadly failed after 10 years.
I bought the closest to my original knife because of the quality of the steel used means it stays razor shape.
on 27 June 2016
This is by far the best kitchen knife I own. I use it for 90% of all my slicing needs. The serrated edge makes light work of medium and small sized fruit and veg. It especially like that the serrated edge helps cut through tough skins easily. Best all rounder. I would discourage putting this in a dishwasher. After about 4 years my previous knife the blade came away from the plastic. So handwash will make it last longer. Still cheap enough that it doesn't make too much of a dent.
on 27 December 2014
This knife is amazing! It's very hard to find in shops so was very pleased when I found it on amazon. I got my last one when I got married 8years ago from a little quaint kitchen shop in the lakes and I couldn't live without out. When it broke a few weeks ago I just couldn't manage without it so started my search for another one. If there is one knife you must have in the kitchen its this one.
on 30 August 2015
This is quite a good sharp knife but although the handle fits nicely into one's hand, I found it to be a little on the awkward side as I have small hands but it won't stop me using it. Perhaps in time I will become accustomed to it.
on 22 October 2015
I have used Kitchen Devil knives for years and my last one was well over 10 years old, had lost its point and grown less sharp. So I decided to treat myself to a new one. The new one is good, but not as amazing as the previous ones were when new. I'm still happy with it, enough to give it 4 stars, but sorry to see quality slipping a bit.