Customer reviews

on 24 July 2017
Chopped half my thumb off on first use. The doctor in A&E said it was a nice clean cut so I can at least promise you it's sharp!
on 16 June 2017
Too short to long slice veg. Didn't feel comfortable using it so threw it away and bought a better model.
on 13 January 2016
Waste of money, too hard to push food through. And it moves .
on 15 January 2016
So simple to use. Very sharp but as long as you use the guard your fingers will be safe.
on 27 July 2014
Wonderful
on 22 April 2009
I have wanted a mandolin slicer for years and seeing this reasonably priced one I asked my daughter to buy it for me as present. The plastic graters simply mangle the veg and the slicing blade sits at an angle so everything comes out thicker one side than the other, WHY?
And wafer thin? forget it. The thickness it cuts I can easily do by hand.
I am now looking for something I can replace it with, without my daughter noticing I have got rid of it.
on 26 September 2009
Just bought this item and realized that I have simply wasted my money !It just doesn't slice well at all (you will be better off using a knife !)and certainly cannot be used for grating cheese !!
on 11 August 2010
This Mandolin works well for me. My only complaint is that it cannot slice the entire vegetable due to the size of the 'pod' your veg attaches to (so you can slice). my potatoes and onions were only half sliced because of this. Saying that, this product is only £5, and slices the first half very well No bending blades, no other problems, it does all kinds of slices which is great, but just doesnt slice enough of the veg for me! If you dont mind getting a knife out for the last half/ third, its ok.
VINE VOICEon 15 May 2015
The phrase 'You get what you pay for' is never truer than with this Accident & Emergency waiting to happen tool.

Firstly the whole thing does feel as cheap as it is. The plastic feels light and weak and the razor sharp blade really doesn't take very long to become dull and blunt.

To stop you from cutting your hands to ribbons it comes with a plastic guide that looks a bit like an 'Iron Maiden' with plastic spikes that you use to skewer the vegetable you want to slice and works as a guard to stop your hand getting cut... Only it is poorly designed and doesn't work! Basically anything that is larger than a small onion won't fit in it without being cut up so if you wanted to use this to slice potatoes for dauphinoise for example it's no good as most potatoes will be too big. Also, even if you do find a vegetable the right size you'll find that you'll have a lot of waste due to the amount left in the guard afterwards.

Where this really fails though and has already caused me a nasty gash in my hand are the interchangeable attachments. Basically they slot into the mandolin to give various effects such as slicing, shredding and grating. However, as others have mentioned, they simply don't fit securely and everytime you pass over one end will spring up. Think of a seesaw where if you stay in the middle you're fine but as soon as you move to one side it tips up.

I used this about a dozen times and never felt safe doing so despite being very careful and am glad I've now binned it and replaced it with a much safer Mandoline
on 12 June 2016