- Save 10% on selected children's books. Promotion exclusive for Prime members .
Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land
- Action adventure game
- Collect the scattered pieces of the Star Rod to restore everyone's peaceful dreams
- Consume enemies to copy their abilities
- Change Kirby into 24 different forms
- For 1-4 players
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Special offers and product promotions
- Platform: Game Boy Advance
- PEGI Rating: Unknown
- Media: Video Game
- Item Quantity: 1
In Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land, the pink puffy hero embarks on another adventure to save his neighbours from King Dedede, who has interrupted everyone's peaceful dreams. Kirby must collect the scattered pieces of the Star Rod and restore the Fountain of Dreams. How's he going to do this? By copying the bad guys' best moves and eating--yes, eating--them and their weapons. One copy of the game supports up to four players (via the separately sold Game Link Cable) with special mini games, but if there's a copy of the game in Game Boy Advance, players can play cooperatively through the game.
Top customer reviews
In the game, you play as the hero, Kirby. Kirby is a small round pink "blob", with red feet. The controls are simple too - A is Jump (if you repeatedly press A or the up arrow, you will float in the air), and B is to inhale.
When you inhale an enemy, you can either spit it out (B again), or press DOWN, and you will copy that enemy's ability, for example, UFO, Ice, Fire, etc. There are 24 abilities in all.
This is a fun game with beautiful graphics. Young children will enjoy playing the game for the first time, and older gamers may remember it from when they were young. However, it's all over too quickly.
I didn't rate this 5 stars because of a few reasons:
- Too short
- Changed mini games (the old ones were better, but the "Kirby's Air Grind" game is fun)
- The changed beginning. The introduction sequence used to have a cute session on how to draw Kirby (which has been replaced with a load of Kirbies making their way across the screen).
All in all though, a beautiful game, with quite good replay value makes this a good game for young children, or old children wanting to rekindle their youth.
A very good game...it really gets 4 and a half stars!
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
The visuals are super cutesy and that's a good thing. You can't not love Kirby, and his enemies.