on 21 June 2012
Just received my Kipling Cicely bag after much agonizing about which bag to choose, watching videos on them, and filling-and-refilling my Amazon shopping basket. I couldn't decide between the Erasto and this one, the Cicely, which is a bit different from other Kipling bags. It doesn't have so many chunky zippers so it's a bit "dressier" style. It's big enough to hold a book, my (computer) tablet, water bottle and even a folded-up umbrella. Because the Kipling bags are so lightweight it makes carrying all those things much more comfortable, yet the bags are so sturdy. I ordered the Denim Blue colour but it's more a bluish-grey than a "denim". In retrospect, I probably like it more than I would have a more denim-type finish.
59 people found this helpful
on 23 August 2013
When my new Kipling bag arrived I was very excited. I've got four now. Three bought through amazon because of the excellent value. I haven't been disappointed with a Kipling bag yet. I was bigger than I expected and I even debated sending it back but once I'd put mine and the kids bits in it was just dright. The front (Velcro close) section is perfect for my phone and bits and bobs. The main (zipped) section is big enough for all sorts and has a zipped section in the back for my purse. There is back (Velcro close) section too. It's so lightweight but strong enough to load up. I love the colour (brick red). It's been everywhere with me since it arrived and I'm sure it will continue to. If you're thinking of getting one go for it. You won't be disappointed!
on 6 January 2015
I just love my new cicely, perse blue shoulder bag! It arrived before I expected, very well packaged. The bag is beautiful, fits my 13' Macbook air, purse, umbrella, bottle of water, phone and ipad mini. It seems very resistant and has several separate parts without looking too many pockets. Love the colour, which goes well with jeans and jacket, boots or even a converse. It has a practical shape and I totally recommend it!
2 people found this helpful
on 16 May 2015
The only flaw I find is handles don't sit well on my shoulders especially when I'm wearing a coat. So after a few tries I either carry it in my hand or have to put it on the stroller. Otherwise, it is a beautiful well made bag with lots of pockets. e-Companies need to mention length of bag straps like they do on Macy's.com
on 6 June 2015
Bought on lightening deal so paid a great price for what otherwise I consider to be an overpriced range of bags. Loved the unusual turquoise blue colour. Bag easily holds a tablet or notebook laptop. Was bought as a present for my sister and she loves it. Uses it when she goes on holiday as it holds lots of bits n pieces.
on 25 March 2015
As previously put. I purchased this with the purse to match. It is a great bag and I keep using it all the time now! Love it! It is very practical while looking great too. I love the fact it has an inside key chain to easily clip my keys on once I have locked the door! No rooting around for my keys when I return. The bag is so well designed makes me out to be all organised like a super mum to our dogs!
on 9 October 2014
I love Kipling bags. This is capacious, good quality and looks smart. They wash well too. I wouldn't buy any other sort of bag. They are expensive but they last so well. I have had 5 other various sized and shape Kipling bags for years which have travelled all over the world yet still look as smart as the day they were bought. This one fit an A4 sized folder on it's side and has plenty of pockets for stuff.
on 22 August 2013
As a Kipling fan, I couldn't resist this bag at such a fantastic price! I bought the brown snake option and the photo really doesn't do it justice at all. It's a really lovely subtle print and the bag does look very smart as it doesn't have all the usual outside pockets that you expect from Kipling. You can also fit loads in it too. It's an absolute bargain and I'd definitely highly recommend it. I might just have to get one in another colour......
on 28 July 2013
I have a few Kipling bags (Defea, Super City) but this Cicely is my favorite so far. I was looking for a bag that was a bit more ladylike and in a dark color, and of course, as affordable as possible. This fit the bill!
This bag has 3 main compartments - two outer ones are secured by a velcro strip, while the middle one has the usual Kipling zipper. One of the outer compartments has the usual pen and mobile phone pockets.
Although it's not billed as a laptop bag (it has no separate compartment for laptops), I could fit my Macbook 11" (with sleeve) in the main zipped pocket.
At the left and right side of the bag, there are pockets for small items.
The bag is also not that big and that is also important to me since I'm on the petite side.
on 15 September 2013
Bought three Kipling at the same time. Returned this bag as it was too big but after seeing the price of it in London now have my doubts that I should have kept it certainly needed it on this trip with the amount of stuff I was carryin and smart.bag if you are looking for one to hold plenty. Lovely bag if you are looking for a larger bag.