on 18 April 2017
I ordered this for my daughters Samsung phone and she couldn't get it to work. She didn't mention to me until a few weeks ago that she still couldn't get the card to work so I tried it in my laptop. It wouldn't read it and it wouldn't even register that there was any memory card there. When I pulled the card out of my laptop it caused it to blue screen. I suspect this is not what is says on the tin.
I contacted the seller to question replacement under warranty and no reply.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 September 2016
The old saying is" buy cheap and buy twice" and that certainly is the case with micro sd cards, if you buy unbranded then you get errors, loose photos, data etc and generally wish you had brought a micro sd card like this this one, its spot on, its Kingston so errors and data loss are not an issue, it might cost a little more than the unbranded ones but its well worth it in the long run, data transfer is quick and without issue and the included micro sd adapter is useful so buy it and you will have hassle free storage.
on 29 April 2016
This product comes in basic packaging including the micro SD card and the micro SD to SD adapter. It is a class 10 card so very fast and is able to store data reliably without corruption. I am using it for a car dash cam and it has plenty of space to store video for days on end without issue. I would definitely recommend this product, especially at this price point.
on 16 October 2015
I have bought this microSDHC card to use with Raspberry Pi. I already own Kingston microSDHC card but different size (8GB). I needed different capacity so I have decided to go for this one. I already have microSD USB adapter so I did not need the adapter, that comes with this card. I'm also aware, that some people might not have it, so it is a nice bundle.
It worked perfectly when plugged to my PC and now works perfectly under Linux on my Pi.
I have owned Kingston devices before and I do not recall any problems with them. I'm very happy with his card as well and I would recommend it to everyone.
on 17 July 2017
Ok, I've had this 18months and its not had hardly any use at all, perhaps once or twice a week listening to music via MotoG4. Today I couldn't get my pc to recognise it to transer files in but bizarrely could get some photos off it. I tested against Windows 10 and linux, both failed. Tried adapter to read direct into pc but not even found in the usb. So basically its a very flimsy card. I've other cards from Kingston (micro 16gb) and 32gb normal size with no problems, avoid this.
on 17 April 2017
I've had a lot of video errors using this card in my GoPro (not even operating at 4K res). In fact, I had an entire SD card of videos that got corrupted and couldn't be repaired even with the paid tool from Grau Gmbh. Sometimes it works fine, but other times, it fails catastrophically. I've also had multiple adapters that fail, but it's hit-or-miss. Buyer beware
on 29 February 2016
I must admit I had never encountered Micro SD cards before, but once plugged into its caddy it just become another drive. This is a surprisingly easy to use and to format this disc. This is a great buy, if you need a Micro SD card then look no further than this Kingston Technology superb buy. A highly recommended purchase as splendid and worthwhile purchase.
on 6 February 2015
I was very wary about buying this product as I have read a lot of worrying reports about counterfeit sd cards on the market so I was relieved to find this appeared to be the genuine article. Of the touted 16gb storage it provided a healthy 14.9gb which, for the price, was highly satisfactory. It works perfectly in my Samsung Galaxy S5 with read/write speeds that are adequate on photo's, video's audiobooks and music. Playback on video is flawless. Would definitely buy again.
I have bought about 5 of these up to now and never had a problem with any: what's to fault? Value for money and effective. I'm not techie enough to compare this with any other SD card in terms of read/write speed, but have never had a problem that I have noticed, using the cards for video, tabs and other devices: these are my go to Micro SD card.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 14 January 2016
Excellent class 10 micro SDHC card. I didn't realise they had different classes. I read a review from another shopper and purchased this against a lower class one. Not much difference in the price, but by far a better quality of card. I also recommend Kingston as a higher quality memory device. Really pleased.