Kingston Technology 2.5 inch 240GB 7mm V+200 SATA 3 Solid State Drive with Adapter
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Form Factor — 2.5-inch drive available in both 7.0 mm with '7.0 mm-to-9.5 mm' adapter frame to fit more systems
- Endurance — Data integrity protection featuring DuraClass Technology
- Dependable — raise for ideal data reliability
- Secure — Self-encrypting drive technology
- Durable — DuraWrite optimises writes to extend endurance
There is a newer model of this item:
Take your computer to the limit
Great for gaming. Perfect for photography. Whatever you need from a higher performance computer, kit out your computer with the latest Kingston Technology SSD. Features Compressible Data Transfer (ATTO) 450MB/s Read and 450MB/s Write speed and Incompressible Data Transfer (AS-SSD and CrystalDiskMark) 191MB/s Read and 142MB/s Write speed.
Features and BenefitsKingston's SSDNow V+200 combines exceptional quality and performance with an affordable price. It is driven by a second generation Sandforce® controller for best in class sequential read/write speeds and is a great way to dramatically improve the performance of your desktop or notebook.
- Fast: Increased speeds for enhanced productivity, gain the benefits from increased boot up time, fast application load-up and faster internet browsing.
- Reliable: With no moving parts in an SSD, it is less likely to fail compared to a Hard Disk Drive. Therefore dropping or banging your notebook means you are less likely to lose your data.
- Cost effective: By replacing and upgrading your hard drive, Kingston’s V+200 lets you revive your system without stretching your budget.
- Multiple capacities: find the right capacity to meet your storage needs.
- Built for endurance: An SSD has a longer life span than a traditional Hard Disk Drive due to Data Integrity Protection technology and superior shock resistance.
- Secure: V+200 is a self-encrypting drive (128-bit AES); this means that you can set up extra security to protect your data.
- Silent: Your notebook or desktop will run cooler and quieter with a Kingston SSD. SSDs have no moving parts which reduces background noise and heat of your notebook or desktop compared with a traditional Hard Disk Drive.
- Guaranteed: Three-year warranty with free technical support.
- Compatible: Kingston SSDs are SATA Rev. 3.0 SSD with backwards-compatibility to SATA Rev. 2.0 and 1.0 means you can fit your SSD in a wider range of PCs and notebooks.
Why have a Kingston Technology SSD?
- Experience up to 5x faster start-up and load times
- Transfer files in a flash
- Get super smooth video and image editing
- Kingston SSDs have no moving parts
- They won’t crash, overheat or fail
- Every Kingston SSD comes with free technical support and a 3-year warranty.
- Opt for the handy DIY kit and replace your existing hard drive
- Follow easy, step-by-step instructions
- Turn your computer into a high-powered machine.
Which SSD is right for you:
|SSDNow||V+200||HyperX 3K SSD|
|Description||V+200 is a great way to dramatically improve the performance of desktops and notebooks on PC or Mac platforms.||Loads games and applications faster, increases frames per second (FPS) and allows for quick transfers and edits of large media files.|
|Capacities||60GB, 90GB, 120GB, 240GB, 480GB||90GB, 120GB, 240GB, 480GB|
|Form Factor||2.5" — 9.5mm||2.5" — 9.5mm|
|Interface||SATA Rev. 3.0||SATA Rev. 3.0|
|Read/Write Speed*1||60GB – 535MB/s / 460MB/s |
90GB – 535MB/s / 480MB/s
120GB – 535MB/s / 480MB/s
240GB – 535MB/s / 480MB/s
480GB – 535MB/s / 480MB/s
|90GB – 555MB/s / 510MB/s |
120GB – 555MB/s / 510MB/s
240GB – 555MB/s / 510MB/s
480GB – 540MB/s / 450MB/s
As the world's leading independent memory manufacturer, Kingston Technology is renowned for quality and reliability. With 25 years' experience, customers can rely on outstanding performance with free technical support and our extensive 3-year warranty.
*Operating System Software support: Windows®7, Windows Vista® (SP1, SP2), Windows XP (SP3)
V+200 solid state drive
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
Tests are showing the newer V300 drives are performing at less than half the speed of the earlier V300s. Kingston are using inflated results from benchmarking software which is sympathetic to the dynamic data-compression used by the SandForce controller in the V300 to claim that the new drives still meet their "on the box" performance claims. Whilst technically correct, the real-world performance of the newer drives is significantly reduced compared to the earlier versions of the drives.
The Kingston V300 in its initial form (as I purchased four months ago) was a genuine five-star product, but this new incarnation (along with the associated deception) is simply a mediocre SSD trading off the reviews of the original drive.
I ordered one, and then found out from a friend; fortunately there was no problem returning it unopened. Didn't even have to pay for the return shipping! (That's why I'm giving one star rather than zero)
As an alternative, I recommend Crucial MX100 series. They are a similar price but (at least) twice the performance; and you don't feel like you've been ripped off.
Only after installing and testing the drives myself did I learn about Kingston and their false advertising about product specs. I have a 2 year old Samsung 840 which still gives a consistent 550mb/s read/write in all software I've used to test it. Stupidly I bought two of these Kingstons to use in raid0 but given they write slower than a traditional HDD I'll be returning them for Samsung, Sandisk, or other manufacturer I know to be trustworthy (Sandisk do the Ultra II range for the same price as these Kingstons, but those drives actually to perform as intended).
I will never buy anything from Kingston again and will implore others to do the same.
Very dishonest by Kingston, I will no be buying any of their products again.
The car salesman tells you it can go 250MPH.
You go home, you can't wait to try the car.
Turns out it can only actually go 80MPH, just like the ford mondeo that it replaced.
You ring up the car company and complain.
Turns out Ferrari replaced the V8 engine with the cheapest engine they could find, and didn't think they should tell anyone.
Apparently this is an okay think to do.
TL;DR: Kingston is ****
So I have to agree with one of the techies on Overclockers.com in that the vast majority of us are not inclined to undertake specific examinations of the products we buy. We tend to trust the supplier. I had my own retail business for many years and the general view is that for every 1 displeased customer they'll go tell 13 others and that will cascade ..
I accept that the SSD performance is far better than the HDD but now its not about performance but the attitude of the company. I don't like being treated like a fool so I wont recommend this company to anyone and if asked ill point to reviews and others can make their own mind up. Its Sad really.. Kingston had a good reputation
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Silent drive for my home cinema and boots up in about 20 secondsPublished 2 days ago by Amazon Customer
Good, fast and powerful. Worth the price.
I used this to upgrade my laptop from a HDD, and the performance boost is incredible! Read more
Great product, easy to clone the old disk and create a new system drive.Published 9 days ago by Doug696