Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE UK delivery
Kingston KC380 1.8 inch 240GB SATA 3 Micro Solid State Drive
|Price:||£169.86 & FREE Delivery in the UK. Details|
|You Save:||£45.99 (21%)|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Form factor 1.8-inch micro SATA
- Interface SATA Rev. 3.0 (6 Gbps), SATA Rev. 2.0 (3 Gbps), SATA Rev. 1.0 (1.5 Gbps)
- Capacities 60 GB, 120 GB, 240 GB and 480 GB
- Power consumption 0.4 W idle/1.2 (typ) read/1.8 W (typ) write
- Three-year warranty with free technical support
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Big SSD Performance in a Small SSD Case
Kingston's SSDNow KC380 1.8" solid-state drive features a small case form factor that fits in notebooks, sub-notebooks, tablet PCs and netbooks with a smaller physical device storage footprint. Lighter than a traditional hard drive, it lets users take advantage of the durability, reliability and performance improvements of Flash memory in systems currently using 1.8" hard drives, and is the ultimate hard drive replacement.
KC380 consumes less power and generates less heat than a traditional HDD -- at a fraction of the cost of a new system. It offers advanced data integrity protection and an award-winning SandForce second-generation SSD processor with DuraClass technology.
DuraClass features include DuraWrite and advanced wear-leveling to extend the life of the drive and garbage collection and over-provisioning for consistent performance and a longer life for your SSD and your data.
- 1.8" form factor
- Advanced data integrity protection built-in
- Ultimate hard disk drive (HDD) replacement
- Shock-proof -- they won't crash if dropped
- Free technical support
1x 240GB SSDNow KC380
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
Proves that the Windows Experience Index is a rough tool - you won't improve your net score unless the hard drive was the lowest point. But you will still see big speed improvements, especially if it is graphics holding your score down.
From booting up to just about everything else, things are just quicker, and the laptop seems more reliable too.
Just be aware that this is a 1.8" drive, not a standard 2.5" laptop drive. I made the mistake the other way, so I think it's worth pointing out. These smaller ones are fitted to smaller ultra-light laptops and I expect Netbooks and the like.
If you are replacing a 160GB hard drive with this 120GB SSD and want to do so with an image copy rather than a rebuild, you MUST repartition the donor drive to be smaller than 120GB or it won't work, regardless of the actual data volume you have on the donor disk.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The drive works fine, but I had some problems making this into a portable drive.
These problems where due to issues with the cases and their hardware.
excellent value for money! Turned out 1.8 inch drives are rare! Definitely gave a new life to my laptop and especially boot up speed! (running Windows 7)Published 22 months ago by Angel S. Gyaurov