- Also check our best rated Wii U Game reviews
Kingdom Hearts 3D [Dream Drop Distance] (Nintendo 3DS)
- Dual protagonists - Play as the two most popular characters of the franchise, Sora and Riku.
- "Free-flow" action - Enjoy fast and effortless movements while interacting with the environment and performing acrobatic attacks.
- Brand-new creatures - Dream Eaters inhabit the Sleeping Worlds, and are split into two categories: Spirits and Nightmares. Recruit over 50 different types of Spirits as allies to fight alongside Sora and Riku.
- New Disney worlds - Beloved Disney worlds and characters, such as La Cite des Cloches (The Hunchback of Notre Dame), make their series debut.
- Story progression - With updated looks for Sora and Riku, and the impending conflict made clear, this title is a big step forward in the series.
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
King Mickey and Yen Sid prepare for an impending threat by putting Sora and Riku through the Mark of Mastery exam. Sora and Riku are sent into the Sleeping Worlds, where they will face enemies and allies that have never been seen before. If they can successfully complete the task they are given, they will be deemed true Keyblade Masters.
- Dual protagonists – Play as the two most popular characters of the franchise, Sora and Riku.
- “Free-flow” action – Enjoy fast and effortless movements while interacting with the environment and performing acrobatic attacks.
- Brand-new creatures – Dream Eaters inhabit the Sleeping Worlds, and are split into two categories: Spirits and Nightmares. Recruit over 50 different types of Spirits as allies to fight alongside Sora and Riku.
- New Disney worlds – Beloved Disney worlds and characters, such as La Cité des Cloches (The Hunchback of Notre Dame), make their series debut.
- Story progression – With updated looks for Sora and Riku, and the impending conflict made clear, this title is a big step forward in the series.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
As always I kind of don't care too much about the filler disney content but when it gets to the main story I love it and can't turn the game off. This is definitely a game you have to play if you are a fan and following all the story, if you have played all the other games you really need to play this one (well if you are a fan you should play them all, but I believe this one expands on the story so much!).
Without spoiling it too much I will say that some of the fights near the end have been the hardest yet (at least for me). I am not sure if it's due to handheld controls and the fact that holding the 3DS for so long makes my hand ache and feel cramped not to mention how much my fingers ache due to the insane fights near the end with a certain someone!
Also, I was a bit of a noobie here and never found out until the last boss that you could quickly jump to your shortcut command (for me it was heal magic) by pressing the left d-pad button haha. If I had of known that earlier I might of saved my life so many times.
I won't talk about the game too much in terms of features but the Dream Eaters are actually cool, I thought I would miss Donald and Goofy but I liked the way they implemented the Dream Eaters. The drop system I was a little unsure about at first and thought it was going to make each drop too short and get annoying but they get longer after the tutorials and you can make them last longer by drop bonuses and items.
The only part I never liked very much was the Dive system, I much prefer the Gummi system and I know a lot of people never liked that but I loved it. Quite often on the Dive system I died due to not realising what I had to do but eventually figured it out.
Overall, amazing game yet again. They did everything right with it and the return of certain characters just made me feel happy. No other game get's me glued to the screen like KH does. This series is improving with every game and I can not wait for the next big installment which I am hoping is KH and back on consoles, as I believe this is the game to set us up for KH3. So let's hope Square get their butts in gear and get to work on it soon instead of giving us this FF13-Sequel-nonsense.
Oh one more thing, although it was an amazing price, I will not use Amazon again for pre-orders unless I pay for extra fast delivery which I believe with a pre-order standard delivery should be enough. I never got the game until the following wednesday upon release! (terrible for a pre order) but none the less I had it eventually and got my KH fix :D
Forgot to mention, I hate 3D and played with it off as I do in every 3DS game, so I can not comment on the 3D aspect of it :) I usually hate touch screen controls in gaming too but they have actually made good use of it in the small areas that you can use it.
This outing is by far the strongest entry in many years and utilises the technology of the 3ds well. The graphics are superb, vibrant and Clear. The Storyline is sometimes drawn out and borderline convoluted but does the job. The gameplay i also solid with the main mechanic being the new 'Drop' guage swapping between Sora And Riku. This guage counts down and enters 'bonus mode' before forcing you to swap to the other character. using Items delays the gauge dropping and swapping. This system does seem redundent when it drops you during a boss fight as you can instantly swap straight back but the boss regains all it's health back so keeping an eye on the meter is key. Cameo's from the cast of Square-enix's 'The World Ends With You' was also very welcome.
It's one of the finest 3DS games on the market and comes highly recommended
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews