on 20 February 2014
I was looking for a small convector heater to use in my campervan that was also low wattage, and this seemed to fit the bill perfectly. It arrived in good time and although it had a cheap look and feel to it I was pleased with the dimensions and specifications. However, I thought it wise to try it out before I fitted it in the camper to firstly see if it worked ok and secondly to get rid of any manufacturing smells which might be unpleasant in a confined space.
As this device can only be wall mounted, I looked around for a suitable place to hang it and in my conservatory I had a screw fitted to the wall not in use so I suspended the fire from this and turned it on. As there should be two screws not one the fire was at a angle but I didn't perceive any problem with this straight away, it was only to test for a short time. Within a few minutes I was satisfied it worked ok and disconnected it but noticed the plastic vent on the up side had melted in a big way! Ok so it wasn't used level as meant but it was a surprise that plastic with such a low melting point is used in an electric fire. It isn't difficult to imagine how such a situation might happen by accident, and you could have a fire in no time. This device needs a safety cut out to prevent it working at an unsafe angle or else heat resistant plastic instead of the regular polythene type. I will still use it but will obviously need to supervise it and not have it on when I'm not around.
on 28 September 2012
Its a heater what can I say.... well one thing is that IT MUST BE FIXED TO A WALL 0.3M OFF THE FLOOR its not floor mounted because its heating element is almost at the bottom and if you placed it on the floor it would be unsafe. So make note WALL MOUNTED !
Apart from this it is small and seems well built. I like the -3C deg Frost setting however I have not proved it works as its not got down to -3C yet...I won't have to wait long here in Buxton though :-) its a great idea to keep the cold away from my small roof void where my pipes are located.
on 24 April 2013
I purchased two of these heaters for our static caravan which has no heating in the bedrooms and can be REALLY cold. I needed them to be wall mounted so were a great find for me. The description was very accurate. The heaters are quite small but are ideal for heating the rooms quickly and can then be left on at a lower setting for long periods to maintain the heat at a low cost. I am very pleased with my purchase and would recommend the heater.
on 3 December 2013
These heaters are very cheaply made!. I ordered one to protect the plants in the conservatory getting too cold in the frost and one for an outhouse. When they arrived, one had broken bits of wafer thin plastic rattling around inside which originally had held the element in place. The other heater wasn't broken but looked so badly made, I wasn't confident that it was safe enough for me even to risk plugging it in. I got a refund for both.
on 24 February 2014
The unit is a little flimsy and the wall mounting screws very small connecting to unit. Metal very thin and basically you get what you pay for. That said, it does the job and as long as its not likely to get knocked does what I want; keep the frost away in my workshop.
on 15 November 2013
seems to work ok , turns on and off on thermostat ok , bought to replace a 2kw heater in the garage to keep the frost off, should be a lot cheaper to run, as stated needs wall mounting , the wall bracket is a bit fiddly to attach heater too i had to replace the two screws with a better quality , overall i would recomend and buy again for the purpose of frost prevention.
on 23 December 2013
Bought this for my tiny greenhouse to protect my precious exotic fruits from Anglia's wild winds & frost. It works very well. The thermostat is pretty accurate and it only switches on when the temperature gets down to the setpoint. A very good buy.
on 21 November 2015
I ordered the Kingavon Frost Watcher yesterday. It arrived today. It is made of metal, not plastic, which means that the faults and problems that previous purchasers have reported will no longer happen.

The reason I bought it was to protect my greenhouse and its plants from frost during the winter. I was able to attach the Frost Watcher to the side of one of the wooden benches in the greenhouse and it is working perfectly.
on 25 December 2015
I have this in an outer brick shed and at 12' x 8' it keeps the place surprisingly warm even though I set it just above frost stat setting, I get a reading between 15c and 18c on my interior thermostat. Neat, compact and unobtrusive too. if i needed to i would be happy to purchase again.
on 18 February 2016
Very economical heater for the greeen house works a treat.Boughtthis item on line, it was delivered as promised, well packaged and simple to install and use. Has kept my green house frost free and I am well pleased.