Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE UK delivery
+ FREE UK delivery
+ FREE UK delivery
Kingavon BB-DC105 Plug-in Wireless Door Chime with Socket
|Price:||£9.95 & FREE Delivery in the UK on orders over £20. Details|
|You Save:||£1.84 (16%)|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- Easy to install
- Wireless range of up to 80m
- 16 different melodies
- Plug through socket enables use of the socket for other devices
- Bell push requires 1x 12V A23 battery is supplied
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Kingavon plug in wireless door chime is easy to install plug in digital door chime has a wireless range of up to 80m and the bell push requires 1 x 12V A23 battery which is included. It comes with 16 different melodies to choose from and can be plugged into any mains socket around your home. As this has a plug through socket, it then enables you to use the socket that the chime/receiver is plugged into without having to unplug the doorbell. Kingavon supplying quality Lighting, household electrical and security products.
1x Door Chime with Socket
1x Push Button
1x 12V A23 Battery
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
1) It works - and responds immediately to the button press - unlike other cheap makes reviewed on Amazon.
2) There is a choice of sounds - most of them as daft as you like, but fun - and I may use some of the Christmas rings in December. As other reviewers have noted - no instructions, but not really necessary. Just plug in, press the little button on the side of the plug-in unit and it plays a ring - press again and it plays the next - etc. It sets itself on the last one you selected.
3) The traditional 'DING DONG' (which I favour) plays twice - as if the caller has rung twice - very useful if you have limited brain cells like myself. More chance to hear the ring.
4) It has a huge advantage over its competitors on the plug in unit. As you can see on the picture display, it does not rob you of a plug socket - vital in my house which has the bare minimum. You can plug others into the unit. Furthermore (and this was a surprise) it is slim enough NOT to overlap if you plug it into a double socket. You can still plug in to the socket next to it - not the case with other plug-ins and adaptors I have bought.
5) No volume control but (for me) just enough volume to hear but not to give you a coronary when it is set up in the room you most inhabit. My last doorbell was so loud my neighbour used to rush to her door!
6) VERY CHEAP - with advantages over other cheap doorbells. You could pay a lot more for one of the expensive bells advertised but ... guess what ... it will go 'ding dong' just the same.
7) It's white - unobtrusive both on my white doorframe and white wall sockets.
DING DONG, BABY! UNRESERVED RECOMMENDATION.
So, before opening the pack I phoned Electromart UK who had sold it and pointed out that it was only for indoor use and that it was not the same product as I had ordered.
The lady I spoke to on the phone assured me that although packaged differently the product was exactly the same as the one shown on Amazon and that it could certainly be used outdoors. I told her that we live by the sea with sea gales occasionally battering the front of the house and she again said it would not be a problem. She then went on to remind me that the product has a 1 year guarantee if anything went wrong.
So, I have opened it. First thing to say is that it has both two screws with rawlplugs and a sticky map for mounting either way. As someone else has noticed, to change ringtones there is a small button on the side. Press and it plays a new tone. When you're happy with what you want just leave it alone. I tested the range and found that with the receiver plugged in a socket in the kitchen I could go to the bottom of the garden (60ft) and it worked !!
It looks solid so I'll happily use it but will report back if it gets affected by the wind and rain ! Four stars to date is for delivery, packing, helpful telephone service and apparent ease of use.
The bell was returned under no quibble refund on 19dec but the refund has not yet been forthcoming as at 27jan !
However, after just 1 week of light use it just gave up and stopped working.
Tried changing the battery - but no good !
Avoid like the plague.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I was a little anxious at first as it did not appear to work consistently - a light press or pressing in the 'wrong' place did not make it go. Read morePublished 2 days ago by Lynda Round
We've bee having this for three years now, and it has just 'died', simply stopped working (tried changing channels, battery, etc). Read morePublished 20 days ago by Marcel B
This is so loud! It's perfect for my house when I'm not in front of house. It offers a multitude of different Xmas carols, chimes and songs, so that everyone has a choice they will... Read morePublished 23 days ago by poison dwarf
Super value doorbell. So easy to install, just stick on bell push and plug in unit. Great.Published 2 months ago by miss pauline bowcock