Have one to sell?
The King Of Western Bop - The Complete 1954 Memphis Recordings CD
See all 3 formats and editions Hide other formats and editions
|New from||Used from|
Audio CD, CD, 11 Apr 2005
Available from these sellers.
6 used from £1.46
1. JUST BECAUSE (Master)
2. BLUE MOON OF KENTUCKY (Discarded Take)
3. BLUE MOON OF KENTUCKY (Master)
4. HARBOR LIGHTS (Master)
5. I'LL NEVER LET YOU GO (LITTLE DARLIN')
6. I'LL NEVER LET YOU GO (LITTLE DARLIN') (Master)
7. THAT'S ALL RIGHT (Discarded Take)
8. THAT'S ALL RIGHT (Master)
9. TOMORROW NIGHT (Master)
10. I DON'T CARE IF THE SUN DON'T SHINE (Discarded Take)
11. I DON'T CARE IF THE SUN DON'T SHINE (Master)
12. GOOD ROCKIN' TONIGHT (Master)
13. BLUE MOON (Discarded Take)
14. BLUE MOON (Discarded Takes)
15. BLUE MOON (Master)
16. THAT'S ALL RIGHT (LIVE RADIO KWKH)
17. BLUE MOON OF KENTUCKY (LIVE RADIO KWKH)
18. MY BABY'S GONE (I'M LEFT, YOU'RE RIGHT, SHE'S GONE) (Discarded Take)
19. MY BABY'S GONE (I'M LEFT, YOU'RE RIGHT, SHE'S GONE) (Master)
20. I LOVE YOU BECAUSE (Discarded Take)
21. I LOVE YOU BECAUSE (Master)
22. YOU'RE A HEARTBREAKER (Master)
23. MILK COW BLUES BOOGIE (Master)
24. MY HAPPINESS (Private Acetate)
25. THAT'S WHEN YOUR HEARTACHES BEGIN
26. I'LL NEVER STAND IN YOUR WAY
27. (IT WOULDN'T BE THE SAME) WITHOUT YOU
What can one say? Elvis...the alpha and omega of Rock'n'Roll! Join us at the very start of the brilliant career of the 20th century's GREATEST entertainer; its greatest country, pop and R&B vocalist. its greatest icon, its greatest record collector, its greatest music fan, its greatest live perfomer, its greatest dancer...woah yeah!!
It's ELVIS, day one, as he tentatively enters the legendary SUN studios in Memphis, and cuts songs ranging from his mother's favourites, to gems fom his own mighty record collection, to gorgeous originals - the sound of Rockabilly being created as we listen - with Elvis, Scotty and Bill wide-eyed with the sense of discovery; from his first steps into the studio to the verge of being the greatest Rock'n'Roll icon in the world - these songs document the process of the Hillbilly Cat from Memphis, the king of Western Bop, becoming simply...THE KING!!!
All his early recordings, from his first studio session, to his first regional hits, to his first national breakthrough - all here in stunningly remastered Rev-Ola sound and also includes takes in progress, discarded takes and legendary studio chat between Elvis, Scotty, Bill and Sam Phillips in the legendary SUN studios.
Lavishly and beautifully packaged, with tons of pictures and memorabilia to satisfy the most rabid and discerning fan... and detailed notes too.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.