A King Condemned: The Trial and Execution of Charles I Paperback – 30 Mar 2011
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
'The best narrative historian writing in the English language.' --Lawrence Stone, New York Review of Books
'Her gifts are splendid and altogether exceptional. She is a great craftswoman and a great writer.' --Sir John Plumb
'Most distinguished, [she] is the dream of the history fan. A scholar of unimpeachable diligence and accuracy, she also possesses the double literary gift of lucid exposition and brilliant portrayal.' --The Chicago Sunday Tribune
About the Author
C.V. Wedgwood (1910-1997) was a noted British historian and expert on the English Civil Wars, as well as a successful lecturer and broadcaster. She was created a DBE in 1968, and in 1969 became the third woman to be appointed a member of the British Order of Merit. Her biography 'William the Silent' was awarded the 1944 James Tait Black Memorial Prize and her iconic 'The Thirty Years War' remains in print over 70 years after first publication.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
This is the book that I always give as a present to those friends who "don't like history because it is dry and boring".
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biography > Historical > 1501-1700
- Books > Biography > Historical > Britain > Military
- Books > Biography > Historical > Britain > Tudors & Stuarts: 1501-1700
- Books > Biography > Historical > Countries & Regions > Europe
- Books > Biography > Political > Britain
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > British Heads of State
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Early Modern 1501-1700 (Tudors, Stuarts, Commonwealth, Restoration, Glorious Revolution)
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Ireland