King of the Cats Paperback – 21 Apr 2006
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
A Guggenheim and National Endowment for the Humanities fellow and a writer for the "Washington Post", Wil Haygood has been described as a cultural historian. He is the author of a trio of iconic biographies. His "King of the Cats: The Life and Times of Adam Clayton Powell, Jr., " told the story of the enigmatic New York congressman and was named a "New York Times" Notable Book of the Year. That was followed after publication of a family memoir by "In Black and White: The Life of Sammy Davis, Jr., " which was awarded the ASCAP Deems Taylor Music Biography Award, the Zora Neale Hurston-Richard Wright Legacy Award, and the Nonfiction Book of the Year Award from the Black Caucus of the American Library Association. In 2009, he wrote "Sweet Thunder: The Life and Times of Sugar Ray Robinson", which told the story of the famed New York pugilist known as much for his prowess in the ring as his elegant style outside of it. Haygood is an associate producer of "Lee Daniels The Butler".
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biography > Historical > United States
- Books > Biography > Political > United States
- Books > Biography > Social & Health Issues > Cultural History
- Books > History > Cultural History
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Government & Politics > Countries & Regions > Africa
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Multicultural Studies > Black Studies