Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Fire Kids Edition Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now

Kindle version not available to UK

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 9 Sep 2010, 19:30:18 BST
Jonathan Lim says:
Why not?

Posted on 16 Jan 2011, 17:25:13 GMT
Livfoss says:
It is now.. but which translation is it? Amazon seem not to appreciate that for classics, the translation can make a huge difference - this applies not only to Tolstoy, but to Homer, Dante, many of the greats. I suppose under a pound isn't much to pay to find out. It's probably Garnett or Maudes... unlikely anyway to be one of the two (!) very recent translations.

Posted on 6 May 2011, 13:02:53 BST
Last edited by the author on 6 May 2011, 13:06:17 BST
Antony says:
The kindle translation is just an older translation and there doesn't seem to be a way to say "I want to read this on Kindle" for the newer translation. Although the Volokhonsky / Pevear translation is available in the US. http://www.amazon.com/War-and-Peace-ebook/dp/B001CBMX7Y/ref=sr_1_cc_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1304683435&sr=1-2-catcorr So why can't we have it here.

Posted on 2 Jan 2012, 22:56:47 GMT
H. M. Holt says:
The kindle Vintage Classics version seems to be the Volokhonsky / Pevear translation from what I can see - what makes you think it isn't?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  9 Sep 2010
Latest post:  2 Jan 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

This discussion is about
War and Peace (Classics)
War and Peace (Classics) by Leo Tolstoy (Hardcover - Sept. 1972)
5.0 out of 5 stars (2)