on 20 June 2013
The book is very strong on self-promotion. Where it fails is in a certain degree of misdirection. The title, though not the main title, has, "format, publish & promote..."; what I object to here is the inclusion of format. It is of scant help in the thorough formatting of a kindle book. There is no in-depth treatment of xml, style sheets, css, html, structuring the parts of a book, creating different stylistics effects ... etc. In short, the book fundamentally fails to give an adequate account on 'how-to' format. It ought to remove this from its title, as it is not a guide at all. To be told to use word, then save it as html is not fit for purpose in building anything but the most basic kindle document, let alone what you do if you are using something better than word to write the original title in. To conclude, if you wish to find out about kindle self-promotion, then you will be more than happy to buy this book, but those seeking even a working account on how to format a kindle document will have to look elsewhere.
on 15 February 2013
I was lucky enough to get this book when it was on special offer, but even if I'd had to pay full price I would consider I got a true bargain. As I am getting ready to publish books of my own on Kindle I have been downloading several how-to ebooks. In my opinion Dr. Andy's is the best I have read by far.

Andy covers just about every question I had in my mind, as well as quite a few that I hadn't thought of. He does so in an easy to read, relaxed style that demystifies the Kindle publishing process.

I particularly like the fact that he includes lots of screen shots that help to make things crystal clear.

Dr. Andy's Kindle Publsihing is highly recommended.

Martin Avis
on 12 February 2013
Like many, I have read several books on Kindle publishing. Some go into mind numbing detail, others are light weight.

Andy has got the balance absolutely right for newbie (kindle) authors. An excellent read with great content and several web links to useful resources
on 24 February 2013
This is an excellent guide to writing a book on kindle. I found Andy's explanation of the theory behind the process made perfect sense and the step by step guide for producing an ebook was easy and clear to understand.
Prior to reading this book, I had actually already had a fairly unsuccessful attempt at writing my own ebook. I can now though see where I went wrong and I am going to redraft it using what I have learnt.
on 17 February 2013
I downloaded this book last night and read it from cover to cover in one sitting. The book is an excellent resource. I have wavering between trying to get my novel to a publisher, or if I should self publish. This book was so helpful that it has made my mind up for me. Keep up the good work Dr Andy Williams.
on 24 October 2016
For the first-time author, one of the biggest obstacles to self-publishing on Kindle is getting started.
Exactly what is needed and how to fill the various forms out in the right order etc can be daunting to the point of not wanting to go through the apparent mountain of stuff needed to be known to publish your first book. Once you have got a book or two published it’s quite easy of course. You can then start learning all the little nuances that help to enhance the process later. Such as using Scrivener rather than Word to write in (that’s a whole new mountain by the way). What Dr Williams does in this book is get you started. Not just tell you but show you using screenshots. It also helps when he gives the theory behind the practice. Given this understanding, even if Kindle change their screens you’ll still know what to do and why. Apart from the basic necessary info, which is extremely comprehensive, there are also a few tips that I’d not heard of before. Well worth the price for getting the hand-holding the first-time Kindle publisher wants and needs.
on 2 March 2013
Loved this book - its helped me clear up some of the things that I was getting stuck on. I will be able to go forward and start self publishing myself using the information i have learned in this book.
on 13 February 2013
I've read a lot of info on kindle publishing and found that this book covers everything from a to z. It's inspired me to have another go as I can see where I went wrong on my first attempt. Time well invested in reading it IMHO.
on 14 February 2013
What I like is that there are no dirty tricks to get you to the top that would also get you in trouble with amazon. An easy read even for my 13 year old who will be using this book to write her own kindle book. Thank you Andy
on 19 February 2013
I knew nothing about publishing on Kindle, I thought it was largely for fiction and Public Domain works.
What a surprise I had. I can now see the advantage for non fiction and a way to boost or supplement website content and ratings.
This is one of the most interesting books I have read in a long time, I have for a number of years been a fan of Andy Williams.
He was teaching, five years ago, what many are now teaching about ranking with Google to overcome the Panda and Penguin upgrades.
If you want to publish a book, Kindle or other platform, then this is the book to study, everything you need is so clearly explained.
This was my first experience of reading a Kindle book on my iPad, I now intend to read more of Andy's work.

Terry Fennell