on 3 January 2013
Amazon.co.uk list this book as having a page count of 73 pages, I'm not a fast reader but I read through it all in one short sitting. Not enough information or depth was given to each topic and the whole eBook feels too superficial to cover all the main features so I had to refer elsewhere.
on 7 December 2012
I purchased this believing it would deal with the new kindle fire hd even though written for the us market. How wrong I was - it was written for the previous model and almost all the instructions are incorrect. Don't buy it![[ASIN:B008RV6V3E Kindle Fire HD 7", Dolby Audio, Dual-Band Wi-Fi, 32 GB]
on 13 January 2013
This guide was useless. It was very amateurish with several spelling errors. It was geared for the American market and the instructions given to download alternative search engines simply didn't work! I'm sorry I bothered to buy this guide it was of no use whatsoever.
on 14 January 2013
I borrowed this via Amazon Prime- thank goodness I saved my 1.93! I had mastered the basics of the Kindle Fire HD but wanted to back-up and increase my knowledge. This is very US focussed and unhelpful for UK users. Some advice and guidance is simply incorrect. Lots of detail about basic stuff but then perfunctory about moderately advanced topics, and misses some completely. Some very poorly written English.
on 16 January 2013
I think this book has sections that are appropriate for the US kindle only.
some suggested apps are not available to the U K version.
The book inadvertently shows how inflexible the UK kindle is at the moment.
on 19 January 2013
I love reading (I'm aged) and the kindle is so light to hold.
You can download thousands of books at the press of a button.
I find the Kindle Fire exciting - to learn it's possibilities - games etc.
The colour is vivid and encourages the idea of film watching
It is a little soon for my complete thoughts as the only downside I have found is that I have had to send for a book to understand how to use my Kindle properley.
on 7 January 2013
Very basic overview. I was disappointed not to have found answers to how to manage transferring data via blue tooth (couldnt manage to pair my HD with anything)
on 23 January 2013
I found the wording a little difficult to understand and what really annoys me is that you are presumed to be living in the USA. The goods are sold worldwide so surely this should be taken into consideration.
on 11 November 2012
Written for American owners, this is a brilliant book, with lots of useful information, to help you get the most out of your new machine. It is illustrated with images throughout and is the perfect tutorial. I learned a lot by just flipping through the pages and you will too. I strongly recommend this for every Kindle Fire owner
on 22 February 2013
This short book didn't teach me anything I didn't already know, it may have done if I'd lived in good old USA, but I don't, so none of the website links it recommends apply! OK if you're an absolute beginner but not if you know your way round the Kindle Fire HD and are looking for hints & tips to push your device to it's limits.