on 24 January 2013
When I purchased my new Kindle, I thought that it only read books and was not aware that it could do so much more than simply flick through the newest read. This guide really opened my eyes to what the Kindle was capable of in terms of the new abilities that the Kindle has now gained in this upgrade, from searching through my mail to even learning to cook, this book outlines all the neat new features the Kindle Fire has brought to the table...
on 28 January 2013
As a new owner of a kindle I have found this book invaluable particularly in the absence of a manual with the unit. It explains everything simply and logically. It is a must!
on 25 March 2013
Book seems a bit rushed with plenty of poor grammar, maybe English is not the authors first language? Covers most of the basic operation but not in much depth. Written from the US, so don't expect any UK info. Was left feeling that there is a gap for an in depth Kindle Fire HD "Missing Manual" book. I'll keep searching.
on 20 January 2013
So I just got a new kindle fire as gift at Christmas so I got this book to help me pimp out my fire HD. There are so many apps out there that it hard to find the good ones for the fire itself.
The book starts out with some introductory information on the kindle fire HD and then it jumps into the basics of using your kindle fire HD. There are a lot of good hints here that are not in the manual for the fire.

In the next section you learn the secrets of getting your Fire HD configured so that it runs at optimal speed and what are some of his recommended apps. There is also a section detailing buy digital music, books, and any other information. Then he lays out how to remove and clean unwanted data for you fire HD.

There is so much information in this guide that it is hard to list what is contained in it. At the end of the book he even covers some of the popular accessories that are now available for your fire HD, and what to look for in an accessory.

If you have a kindle fire HD or are planning to get one this is a must have guide to all the best apps to make it a much better device.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 21 February 2013
Excellent overview of everything you might want to do with the Kindle Fire HD, from quick start and basic setup through web browsing and how to get the best out of your tablet experience. Also includes instructions on how to 'root' the Kindle in order to unlock its full functionality. Well written step by step instructions without being patronising and important web links included within the text. A must have for any user, especially for this price!
on 29 March 2013
I bought this item due to its title but....there are no secrets within. All the information is available on the Amazon help pages for free. The bits which were interesting about transferring music ect onto the Kindle without going via the cloud were not described in great detail. It goes on about the camera but neglects to say that you have to download an app first. All in all a bit confusing unless you already now how your Kindle works.
on 27 March 2013
Chose this book from the many available when I bought my Fire HD as it seemed the most up to date. 'Does what it says on the tin' really and I often refer back to it for help, but some of the capabilities suggested are a little complicated for me with my limited IT knowledge.
on 28 March 2013
As it is my first Kindle I bought the guide hoping it would help me. However I did not find it easy to use and needed somethingeven more introductory. eg how to take photos..then save and download to my computer..
The facts are there but not as clear "how to do" hints as I need.
on 31 March 2013
Disappointing ,hardly any useful info at all. Doesn't tell how to access any of it's programs. I was hoping for more detail.
on 11 March 2013
This basic guide should come with the Kindle Fire HD. It certainly covers the main points but it is clearly for a US market and I'm not sure if some parts are relevant to the UK.