on 4 May 2016
Who better to have by your side in the middle of a zombie apocalypse than an experienced killer?
This is exactly what happens to lily, when she knocks on the nearest door begging for help whilst running from zombies.
She meets Ryan and even though she is horrified by him being a serial killer, in this new apocalyptic world numbers mean safety so she decides to stay with him for a little while trusting him when he promises he won't hurt her.
Ryan starts to feel something whilst with Lily, something he cannot explain and soon finds himself needing lily to like him, promising not to kill innocent people ever again and meaning it.
On the road to safety they meet different people and see lots of horror.
Even getting separated they manage to find each other again at a local military safety area and find their group growing in numbers.
But once again the zombies come and overwhelm the guards, breaking into the compound, Ryan's quick thinking gets them out of the area quickly and they even manage to save another group of people.
I enjoyed this adventure with Lily and Ryan.
I'm hoping that as the series progresses that Ryan gives up his murdering ways and becomes somebody that the group can depend on.
Its quite a unique story, I don't think I have ever read a zombie story written from the point of view of a serial killer.
I also enjoyed the fact that the story is based in the uk where we don't really have guns, and so the characters were forced to find other weapons, knives, crow bars, baseball bats etc.
on 31 January 2017
I just couldn't put this story down! Right from the introduction I had to know what was going to happen next.
The "hero" being a serial killer was certainly different, but it works, I feel as though it shouldn't, but it just doesn't.
I now have to find out what happens to them.
Honestly it's one of the best zombie stories I've read and it's also refreshing that it's not set in America so there isn't lots of shooting. The survivors have to rely on their wits and a motley collection of weapons.
I can highly recommended this book.
on 2 August 2016
I have read 5 of these books, the main character Ryan keeps me coming back for more, and I'm warming to the other characters he meets along the way. If you're a fan of serial killers and/or zombie apocalypse stories, you'll enjoy this. Easy to read, you'll fly through it. Each book is short and in some cases I've polished it off in one sitting, just to see what's going to happen. I hope Ryan's story continues for a long time.
on 28 February 2018
A very nice little zombie tale! I like the odd apocalyptic book so I downloaded it (for free) and was extremely surprised to find this is actually really good! Well written and I just love Ryan he turned out the be the best surprise of all.
on 10 July 2015
An innovative idea and well written.

The series is poised on the cusp. It could be poised to descend into a bog standard zombie killer style of thing or it could continue develop the characters and, hopefully, continue to be innovative. I'd like to think the odds are on the latter. The only way to find out is to buy the next book.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 14 November 2016
I really enjoyed this book, Ryan is an interesting character and this is a slightly different take on the well worn zombie genre. I did not realise that it is part of a series that currently has NINE books in it. I look forward to reading the rest but it may take some time to get through them all!
on 17 December 2014
A fun little Zombie read and well written enough to make you warm to the main character despite him being a serial killer and sociopath. It is written from his perspective, though, so you often find yourself rooting for him when he disposes a few non zombies that deserve it. It's quite nice to see his character's surprise as he warms to people and develops feelings that he didn't think he possessed. It's engaging enough to make you at least contemplate buying the sequels to find out what happens next.
on 17 December 2015
I've absolutely loved all this series. Would put more stars up if I could. Why did it have end? WHY?
I've sunk into a pit of depression without these characters. Thanks a lot Mr Murray. Please help me and write some more. My mental health is in your hands.
on 12 November 2016
Novel and interesting take on the zombie genre. Surprisingly found myself routing for the main protagonist and serial killer, whilst under normal circumstances I would be clambering loudly for his incarceration and the keys thrown so far as to brook no possibility of his being released. The lead female character balances and grounds him and accepts the dark side which she realise might be the only reason she's alive. Both equally brave, albeit on the suffice, for different reasons, ultimately the same reason self preservation. She holds him up to a higher standard and he in turn tries not to disappoint. A bond seems to be inevitable.
on 5 January 2015
Good book, i liked the theme behind it a different take on your average zombie tale. It was kind of like Dexter meets the living dead, the main character Ryan felt to me as a loner and was caught up in something he had not planned on. I would recommend this book to anyone who is after more then just your zombies and gore, i was also impressed with the wording in the story. The suspense was just right for me, and i look forward to reading more from the author in the near future.