on 9 October 2017
Only in America!!!!!! I'm not sure of the childcare laws in America nor how they have changed since this sad story unfolded but I can tell you that this would NEVER happen in the UK. child care laws protect children and would never allow for unsupervised visits with a known paedophile such as they did here. It's just so sickening that American law does not protect innocent children and forces families to take such drastic action. Cheyanne was so very lucky to have so many brave and self-sacrificing people looking out for her. This is a truly inspirational story of complete love and devotion and was well written and well balanced. I'm looking forward to the sequel.
on 19 February 2017
Very well written, feels you are with Rachel every step of the way. At least you, as a reader can put the book down, make a coffee and come back to it later. Reminding yourself at times this is a true story humbles the reader. I have massive respect for anyone who has been through a harrowing experience, if you can give those of us that haven't been through anything like it, any insight, it can only be beneficial for everyone.
Already downloaded the 2nd book, I've got to know what happened when you arrived back home.
Thank you Rachel and Cheyenne. X
on 20 August 2016
This book is brilliant, it makes me angry how the criminal justice works at time where there are people who simply don't have the morals to do the obvious in protecting a child. It also makes me realise how some humans can be so evil and it exposes a harsh reality for the most of us who are safe in our own haven oblivious to the suffering many others go through in life.

This book remind me how the world can be so unfair. I have also read the sequel 'Bringing Home Cheyenne'. I am glad her mother did everything possible to protect her daughter.

I admired how she told Cheyenne the truth when she was younger rather than tell a lie or deny her abuse happened. She did not deny the truth of her abuse to her which if she had would have been more scarring for her and certainly would have caused her more turmoil and to become mistrustful.

I really recommend this book to everyone.
on 12 August 2015
A tale told from the heart. Some disturbing details about sexual abuse. Hope that Cheyenne, Rachel and Ben have been able to settle into a 'normal' life. I read this in a couple of sittings as I wanted to know the outcome. Overall, well written but I was frustrated by the use of such and such a friend/uncle/sister; would have preferred names, even if they were pseudonyms. Also, as I am not familiar with the geographical layout of the USA, I speed-read some descriptions of the travelling.
on 6 June 2017
I found the complete story of this tragic family very sad. Sometimes it felt like I was watching a movie that lost it's way in the middle and wanted to move on but with perseverance I ploughed through to the end and it was after all a good read. How this family kept together ,on the move, I was in awe of their love and dedication for justice and put their child's safety above all else.
on 10 March 2014
Every mother's greatest fear. A courageous and brave woman who did the right thing to protect her child. I like that the telling of this story hasn't been sensationalised by the giving of graphic and intimate details. The realisation was hideous enough, any finite detail as to the horrors endured just wasn't needed. In my opinion a good decision by the author as an element of dignity, innocence and privacy has been maintained for the child ( I hope this hasn't been held back to entice readers to read the sequel). I couldn't quite grasp the reality of moving across States and into the homes of people who may have been relatives or friends of relatives but who were effectively strangers. A huge risk on so many levels. Shame on those in authority who failed to help this mother protect her child. Ben what an amazing Daddy.
on 24 June 2014
What a sad beginning to a little girls life and what a very brave mother this little girl had. No one likes to believe that someone so close to their daughter could do the things her father did to her. I would like to think that should I ever have been in the same position, I would have been as brave and courageous as this author was. I am just appalled at the authorities in this instance and have no doubt that the same scenario is being played out on a regular basis. We desperately need an overhaul of the system that can give custody to the abusing parent, just because the child is too little to let them know in words. I wish all three of you a happy and settled and safe life....
on 23 September 2016
I am over half way through this book,but have decided not to finish it. If this book is true, the mother made some really stupid mistakes, and the American court system is outrageous. I have just read other people's reviews, which say you must read the next book to discover the outcome of the story. I can't be bothered to read the rest as it is so annoying .
on 23 November 2015
Rally good book. It's just shows how powerfull parent love really is. I love every aspect of this book,nevertheless to say,that it dose make me cry few times too. Rachel it's really great mother,very naive to start with but then she really stand up for her daughter. Great reading, plus it's free as well. I would defenly recommend this book to any young mum's, w how are in not secure relationships, just to make them aware of how not to act.
on 3 May 2017
This book is amazing but should never have had to be written!

A mother and her boyfriend protecting the child they both love with all their hearts together with a wonderfully supportive network of family and friends.

Do I recommend this book definitely!