on 8 December 2012
This app is wonderful, easy to use, select the apps to run in it for your child and they can't get out unless you unlock it with a pin code. It stops the accessing the internet or buying anything while playing games.
I would not be without for my 2.5 year old, it means I can trust him with my phone and Kindle fire.
on 8 January 2014
Makes up for the useless in built parental control freetime. Not that this is any complement to the kindle as they did not program this. I use this on all my android devices. It keeps your kids in a safe environment were they can only access the apps you have implicitly chosen. That includes any sideloaded apps too.
on 12 March 2016
An excellent app, which I use on non-Fire tablets in the household, too. It's a very good way to manage my son's use of his Fire, offering a number of options the 'child profile' doesn't, and also gives him a single user interface across all the Android devices he has access to on occasion. The ability to lock the volume control is particularly welcome, and really, the only minor quibble is that the 'home' and 'task' on-screen buttons doesn't work in the Fire version of the app as well as on other Android devices. For a free app, though, there's very little to criticise, and a premium version is available with extra features.
on 25 December 2012
Has all the controls you might need to allow your children to safely use the kindle. Timer function works very well too. A must for any parent with young children.
on 29 March 2016
I absolutely love this app. Kiddoware is a great developer - not only have they made some great apps but when I had to contact them about the license not working due to a glitch in the Amazon appstore they responded quick and with an immediate fix.
The app is a life (and credit) saver. It locks off the rest of your phone / tablet from little fingers. The settings are really customisable: You can set it that when one of the apps you have whitelisted is closed, it will reopen after 5 seconds, but they will always be sent back to Kids Place - even if they reboot the phone!
Airplane mode (if phone supports it), turn Wifi off. Even stop phone calls being answer-able.
White listing and set up is so easy. The addon apps (video player and picture viewer) are also great and well worth the money for the license which extends the features.
Overall, I love it, my son loves playing on my phone, and I love him not racking up massive bills or downloading unwanted / inappropriate things.
on 31 May 2013
All parents need this to keep control of their children's play and purchase. Would recommend to all parents for peace of mind.
on 17 August 2016
My two year old can get off the app even when password protected, she can exit, get into pictures and delete them, she can figure out how to get WiFi on when in the app.. I managed to leave this review directly through the app! I've set the settings to not allow internet, to not allow exit from the app without entering a passcode, but she just goes through the task manager! It would be 5* but she's only 2 and has figured out how to take down your app :( very disappointed.
on 12 April 2015
Upon installing this on my stock note 3, it displays a screen with an icon saying "loading kids place" and then hangs there occasionally showing a message saying that something was blocked. I can briefly go back to my home screen but it brings me back to the "loading kids place" screen within seconds rendering my phone useless. Only a restart fixes this. Not sure what its problem is, maybe it doesn't like nova launcher. Uninstalled.
on 1 January 2015
Sometimes when you have it open and try to launch a game it re-directs you back to kids place desktop as if you're trying to do something you're not supposed to. Other times I can get back to my phone (without putting in pin) and start look at something before it realizes and takes me back to the kids place desktop. I still use it as it's better than not having it just wish it didn't have those weird glitches.
on 22 March 2013
Great app for stopping my 4 year old spending money without me knowing about it! I would recommend it to anyone with a child.