on 3 August 2017
My intention was just to watch the first episode. Two days later I had watch them all! I was expecting the nerdy pretext of app building to dominate the storytelling, which is why I chose to try the first episode, but it turns out that's not what made me keep watching.
The characters are great and their unravelling relationships are a magnetic pull to keep watching the next episode, and the next. Congratulations to the whole cast, crew and writers, whatever they may be doing now.
2 people found this helpful
on 27 April 2017
My wife had gone to pick up our grandson from school and I just had a look at this while she was out. I literally could not stop watching until episode five. It's a beautiful character driven piece of comedy along the lines of Big Bang Theory but with no Sheldon or, well with any of those characters, it has its own. Nash the computer genius, Trey the face, Mitchell the Geek, Hobbes the aging Hipster and former hacker, and Mikki who is like cool and gorgeous and a marketing genius. Between them they are trying to put together an app that will revolutionise social media and...

Well first of all, if it existed, I'd buy it and I hardly ever buy apps. I haven't even got a smartphone but I'd buy one just for this.

Then on top of that, it's beautifully written, the acting is top class and the locations are real.

SO I have one question...
on 5 February 2016
Enjoyed the series so much everyday in the evening after cooking I would look forward to this programme. I don't own a TV and for me, a 34 year old single dude, I look through the paid streaming competitors for the best shows. I mainly look for originality. I like American sit coms but this hits my demographic. I'd like to see development of the characters past in a second series. They are all great individuals and a bit of action involved would make it entertaining.

Things I like: travel, fantasy rpg, fiction, internet, construction, BSGalactica, cyberpunk, conventions, California, japan, art

So you pretty got me spot on. However brb as an app, does sound like just another dating app, so looking forward to where a possible season 2 reveals why their app is so different. :-)
on 22 February 2015
It is an uncommon thing these days to find something in the entertainment venue that is outside the familiar box. We are in an ever-evolving technological maelstrom with the social media and this show, along with a very diverse cast, not only makes this show unique, but also entertaining.

I found the humor to be witty, silly, intelligent, and hilariously awkward at times. The eclectic cast compliment each other in an oddball sort of way that works seamlessly. The storyline isn't boring, predictable and the paths taken often surprise me.

The dialogue and interaction has a stellar continuity and very grounded regardless of the craziness going on around this group of genius startups. I truly hope to see another season released.

Kudos for a creative, outside-the-box show!
on 28 December 2015
While it's good to see another technology series, anyone even remotely technical (I am a software engineer myself) will find the representation here to be far too gimmicky and out of touch with reality. Every time a computer screen is shown it's all fake - there's nothing actually happening - no real development tools being used. Furthermore, the characters are extremely dull and dry. The series lacks in excitement, story, authenticity and most importantly, good characters and good actors.
on 27 July 2016
Best thing I found on Prime, can't think of a more enjoyable comedy/drama I've seen anywhere. Would have been worth renewing membership if this was still on but it's not so…

It's about a group of youngish phone app developers who are being mentored/ given free office space by an aging 'hipster' billionaire .
Great character development and interaction, the one where they are left alone in a cabin in the woods without their tech but with a bag of psychedelics was a great change of pace around the middle of the season, but almost every scene was good. I still don't understand why nerds like these would enjoy watching wrestling, that’s just a minor point though.

So like almost everyone says- why was this not renewed? Just watch it. If you are under 70 and remotely interested in tech or just like good character driven comedy you'll probably enjoy it.
on 24 February 2016
When I first watched this I thought I was going to be watching a budget version of silicon valle... however a couple of episodes in and I found it to be similiar in some ways, but very different in others. Was a very enjoyable series and the characters are easy to get ''attached' to. Shame there isn't a second series.
Seems all good shows with ongoing stories (rather than new story per episode) end up getting cancelled unfortunately....
2 people found this helpful
on 13 July 2017
Can't believe no SE02. "(Amazon you won't keep subscribers if you don't take on great shows like this)"
on 23 December 2016
epicly funny in places. handles tech subject matter (that many wouldn't understand normally) well. lots of little references to keep those of a geekier disposition happy. would almost go as far to say it's better than Big Bang. love it, please renew!
on 24 April 2016
I've just started watching this, and it is hilarious. But learning that it ends without another season, is like falling in love with a chick who you will never see again.

This is how The Big Bang should have been made. Less formulatic, and daring to push the envelope further.