- Paperback: 96 pages
- Publisher: Osprey Publishing (20 Aug. 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1849086621
- ISBN-13: 978-1849086622
- Product Dimensions: 17.3 x 0.8 x 24.4 cm
- Average Customer Review: 5.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (3 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 687,969 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
Ki-27 'Nate' Aces (Aircraft of the Aces) Paperback – 20 Aug 2013
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
This book by Nicholas Millman is hard to put down. […]Highly recommended to anyone with an interest in this aircraft, its influence on aerial combat during the early years of the Pacific War, and the stories of the pilots who achieved Ace status while flying this outstanding little fighter. --Ipms/USA
Ki-27 'Nate' Aces is an excellent book for modelers, historians and enthusiasts of the Nakajima Ki-27, its pilots, IJAAF, early Asia air war and the early Pacific air war. I heartily recommend it! --armorama.kitmaker.net
The type and its pilots are not well-known in the west so this is a welcome volume. --Air Classics
The Ki-27 was the first monoplane fighter to be used operationally by the Japanese Army and fully exploited its air warfare doctrine of manoeuvrability and combat aerobatics over China and Nomonhan from 1938 to 1941.See all Product description
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta) (May include reviews from Early Reviewer Rewards Program)
This book will be of interest to many like myself who have always had an interest in Japanese aircraft and operations. Especially in the days just prior to WWII in China and in the early days of the war on the Asian mainland.
The writing is clear..with an excellent balance of technical details and biographies of the aces and pilots. Many historical photos are combined with beautifully drawn scale views of this aircraft.
I would highly recommended this book for anyone who wants a good read on an historical..but often overlooked area of aviation.
I would highly reco
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Asia > Japan
- Books > History > Military History > Armed Forces > Air Forces
- Books > History > Military History > World War II 1939-1945
- Books > Reference > Transport > Aviation
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Military & Naval > Military Aircraft
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Military & Naval > Military Vehicles
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Warfare & Defence