- Warning: Only for domestic use
- Warning: To be used under the direct supervision of an adult
- Warning: This toy does not provide protection
|Price:||£40.00 & FREE Delivery in the UK. Details|
- High quality tubular frame with scratch resistant polyester coating
- Quiet running wheels, Front wheel with free wheel function
- Moulded adjustable seat, Dual rear wheel handbrake for extra safety.
- Dumping sand bucket
- Parent pole
Warning: Protective equipment should be worn. Not to be used in traffic.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
This product is subject to specific safety warnings
Kettler tricycles smooth the way towards mobility, in the simplest of ways, children learn how to develop their motor skills whilst having fun learning new things. The Supertrike has a moulded adjustable seat, high quality tubing frame with scratch resistant coating. The trike is equiped with a sand dumping bucket, and a parent pole.
KETTLER toys are made to the highest manufacturing standards, and are tested to the most stringent safety standards. All KETTLER toys are TUV tested and GS approved so you can be rest assured that your child is in safe hands. Kettler tricycles smooth the way towards mobility, in the simplest of ways, children learn how to develop their motor skills whilst having fun learning new things. The Supertrike has a moulded adjustable seat, high quality tubing frame with scratch resistant coating. The trike is equipped with a sand dumping bucket, and a parent pole.See all Product Description
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
Now that the kids have been out on both trikes several times over the summer we can see that despite previous reservations with the Toys R Us one, it is actually superior to the Kettler one for the following reasons;
The Kettler trike's front wheel does not direction lock so keeping a 2 year old going in a straight line means that you have to keep the trike tilted back slightly
The Kettler trike does not have feet support so the rider has to either keep their feet on the pedals (which they won't do believe me) or more likely they will drag them along the ground or get them trapped under something
I am still smarting at the fact that you have to buy the seat belt separately. This reminds me of VW cars in the late eighties still selling cars with stereos as optional extras, maybe it's a German thing I don't know.
Would I buy another one if needed? Probably not, there are better ones out there at a more reasonable price. It's just not been really thought through
- 1st trike, purchased by my parents: one screw un-usable, preventing assembly, plus neither rear wheel turned freely.
- 2nd trike, purchased by me: rear left wheel stuck occasionally, causing drag and turning in a circle
- 3rd trike, replacement for 2nd: even worse, rear right wheel extremely wonky, did not turn very well at all.
If you buy this product, check all the wheels before starting to assemble and hope you don't get a bad screw!
Other points to note:
- The brake is not a 'safety brake' as the Amazon description states (as at Dec 2015). It cannot be used for parking as there is no mechanism to keep it on, neither is it easy for a parent to reach. It seems to be intended as a toy hand brake for the child to use while sitting on the trike.
- The trike is not difficult to put together as long as you follow the pictures and have the right tools - a decent set of metric spanners or hex nut drivers, and phillips screwdriver.
- There is an error in the 'key' which tells you which part corresponds to which code in the assembly instruction pictures (two types of screws are mixed up). Follow the pictures as they seem to be correct - you can tell which screw to use by the length and whether the screw head is flat or rounded.
As this is for a BIRTHDAY PRESENT I was faced with the disappointing need to open the box to check its condition.
All the pieces are there, and it looks like it will be a sturdy trike. But there was MUD ON THE WHEELS, and SCRATCHES an the plastic parts. So it has definitely BEEN USED.
Very sad, and very disappointed. I don't have time to return this, as it is a gift for 2 days' time. I will have to keep it in this condition, and gift it in this condition. I'm sure that the child receiving it won't mind. But I am SADDENED and ANGRY that Amazon have had the audacity to sell me a USED item - which was obviously returned to them at some point - AT FULL PRICE!!
I hope Amazon read this and do the decent thing of refunding part of the cost. Star rating is mostly due to being a used item. Not a judgement of what the trike would be new.
The trike is very well made, fits together well and uses quality solid parts. Took me 20 mins to build this evening, a simple and straightforward job. The daughter is going to love it. Keep it up Kettler. You've got to hand it to the Germans; they just know how to build quality. I looked at the Italtrike Classic but it was 3 times the cost and, to be honest, I don't think you get much more. I wanted a simple, traditional and well-made present that will last for years, and Kettler tick all the boxes on this one.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Super sturdy bike for heavy wear!. The brake does get in the way at times for younger children to get on and the basket clips off easily.Published 5 months ago by Linda Aston
I reckon its good value for money , looks strong , nice and colourful .Published 6 months ago by david lynch
Seems sturdy and easy to use, our 2 year old grandson loves itPublished 10 months ago by Mr Peter Smith
My 22 month old loves it. She can't work the pedals yet but she can put her feet on them ok and it will help her learn. She is average height by the way. Read morePublished 14 months ago by Mrs K.
my little man love it.. hes just under 2 and his legs are a little short to peddle it but plenty of room for growth.
Good build quality