- Also check our best rated Garden Shed reviews
Keter Factor Shed, 6 x 4 Feet
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Easy, two person, assembly
- Virtually maintenance free
- Weather & UV-resistant (doesn't fade)
- Complete with flooring, single fixed window, skylight & ventilation ducts
- Assembled dimensions 216H x 130W x 190Dcm
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Compare to similar items
This item Keter Factor Shed, 6 x 4 Feet
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||
||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Item Dimensions||—||—||85 cm x 1.46 m x 24 cm||1.22 x 1.77 x 2.03 m||94 cm x 1.28 m x 1.96 m||1.82 x 2.56 x 2.43 m|
|Item Weight||—||65 kg||30 kg||33.5 kg||52 grams||117 kg|
The Keter Apex 6x4 Shed offers the benefits associated with a resin construction. Easy to assemble, the design is virtually maintenance-free, and both weather resistant and UV-stabilised, which means that it will not fade. Its general construction and inclusion of flooring will keep both wet weather and unwanted pests out. The window and integral skylight facilitate ample access for natural light.
Top Customer Reviews
Here are a few comments that might be of use to anyone considering a purchase-
1) Get prepared and look at Keter website in advance of delivery, you can download instruction manual to study and view some construction videos, albeit not same model but gives a good idea.
2) Check all the parts are present first; we found that a number of the anti-shake washers (that deter threads from working loose) were missing from the sealed packet. Annoying but didn't prevent work on the day, have contacted Keter so these can be retro fitted once delivered as local DIY shops didn't have similar in large enough size.
3) The door fittings were most fiddly part and took longest; it would be worth doing this job first so you're ready to get on with construction. Instructions generally simple but some diagrams were a bit ambiguous and needed puzzling out.
4) With hindsight, it would be easier not to follow the suggested sequence and instead fit the corners to the base first, thus allowing the side and back sections to be slotted in by lowering vertically.
5) Generally this was a simple job for one person, the only times another pair of hands are needed will be in fitting the roof panels and putting in the window.
6) If locating near a boundary fence/wall/hedge, remember to allow yourself enough access to get down the side - you need some room to lift in and fit the roof panels.Read more ›
Found this shed on Amazon for £280 incl delivery and took the chance having not had the opportunity to view one beforehand.
Delivery was very fast and I took the time to download the assembly instructions before it arrive and this proved well worth the time spent.
Easily managed to assemble on my own in under two hours and only need a hand from my wife to assist with the window panel for two minutes.
The quality of this shed is 1st class although I do not think it is advisable to use it on allotments as security could be an issue due to the upvc construction not being as strong as wooden sheds, however this unit looks great, is completely watertight and well worth the money.
Construction tip - take your time with the roof panels to ensure a perfect fit.
we are very pleased we have chosen this shed, we had a phone call to advise what time it will arrive, and it took my husband 2 and a half hour to put up, did not have electric screwdriver but was not a problem, and the skylight looks very good, shed looks good in garden. The other good thing is we could move it if we need to.
I tried to phone Keter but their telephone number was permanently engaged and when I looked at their Facebook pages there were lots of complaints about their customer service. I wish I had seen this before I ordered.
To be fair to Amazon when I got hold of them they apologised and arranged for the shed to be collected and returned on the next working day. They were very helpful.
Overall, I may have just been unlucky but if ordering this shed hang on to your packaging until you have checked you have got all the parts.
A few suggestions:
1) This very same shed (with exactly the same spec including base) is also available from Wickes, Tesco, as well as Amazon here as well as a couple of other sites. Price varies remarkably from £250 to £399....so hunt around, factor in delivery costs etc.
2) Try and avoid constructing on grass, as not having a solid level ground will cause inconvenience and bother. It is not impossible, but just makes it a bit more awkward.
3) DIY skill competency: in my opinion if you can build most flat pack e.g. Ikea products, then this isn't too much different. There are a few sharp-ish edges/corners. The instructions are generally very clear and the illustrations are simple and to the point
4) 2 people are recommended to construct it. Though I managed to build this on my own with my wife helping (for about 15 minutes) holding the panels steady as I screwed them in place. It probably took me about 2-3 hours all told
5) I found it really useful to lay out all the pieces in the garden, which made it quite obvious which piece goes where and how.
6) If locating near a boundary fence/wall/hedge, you MUST allow yourself enough access to get down the side all the way to the back.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Package was left in my daughters hall, we went down to unpack it and found 2 items were broken. Contacted Keter as advised on info sheet, no problem ordering parts but week later... Read morePublished 19 months ago by Jean Broster
Geat shed took my son and husband a few hours to put up excellent quality have since bought the storage one as well .Published 21 months ago by Mrs. Elaine A. Andrews
I used this as an observatory shed for my telescopes. Robust and easy to keep clean. Little or no maintanence. Read morePublished 22 months ago by P F Hutton
Sturdy, good looking shed and great value for money. Although compact the shed holds masses of stuff!Published on 5 May 2015 by Ms Linda B. Cotton
Relatively simple to assemble but some of the parts are a bit tricky to align and fix at the same time so you need help. Read morePublished on 2 Jan. 2015 by Spikusminimus