The Kennedys: The Conspiracy to Destroy a Dynasty Paperback – 1 Jun 2006
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"Smith's latest book is likely to delight the conspiracy theorists" (Irish Independent)
"A veritable treasure trove for everyone who has ever harboured doubts about the official versions of the JFK and RFK assassinations . . . highly disturbing" (Cyril Wecht, America’s leading pathologist)
"Riveting . . . the Kennedy files still remain firmly, tantalisingly, open" (Birmingham Post)
"Now there is evidence . . ." (Irish Independent)
About the Author
Matthew Smith is a successful scriptwriter, producer and writer. He has written extensively on the Kennedy administration and assassination and was consultant to Central Television's The Men Who Killed Kennedy and German ZDF television's John F. Kennedy: Der Jahrhundertmord.
Top Customer Reviews
I became ever more fascinated in the subject after visiting Dealey Plaza about five years ago, when you can't fail to be amazed by how much it still looks exactly like the setting shown in the Zapruder film of 1963. You can't fail to be accosted near the "grassy knoll" by one or two theorists that want to explain in their view how it all happened. Interestingly Robert Groden who advised Oliver Stone on his JFK film is someone who is a regular there who was keen to tell you me his theories (and sell his video and book of course!)
Matthew Smith's remarkable book, whilst focussing mainly on the JFK assassination with its hundreds of anomalies in the investigation and Warren and Senate Commissions leading one only to a very strong conspiracy theory, manages to set all this amongst a wider longer term assertion theory about dark forces in the USA wanting to prevent any of the Kennedy brothers from staying in or ever reaching the White House as president.
With such a lot of evidence, facts and quotations from Marilyn Munroe's death through to Robert's assassination and the Chappaquiddick affair which killed Ted's ambitions, it moves at a fast pace in small punchy and easy-to-digest chapters.
It only occurred to me after reading this book that if JFK had aurvived 22nd November 1963 and stayed as president for at least four years, that we would never have seen the death and destruction in Vietnam from the US-led escalation of the war against the Communists (with the US fresh from the McCarthy anti-communist days) and possibly millions of lives would not hav been wasted.
For anyone fascinated by the Kennedy family and their tragedies and the fall of "Camelot" then this book is a must read.
I plan to read it again in a few months to digest again some of the evidence presented - I can't wait!
The rest of the book is rehashed arguments found across the internet, or other works. There's so many better books out there
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This book is a good read, I did like what I read. I would recommend this book to those interested in the Kennedys.Published on 7 Sept. 2013 by Miss E A cRILLY
Matthew Smith is clearly a man who has an obsession with the Kennedy brothers and Marilyn Monroe. Smith cannot accept that the deaths of three of his heroes and the political ruin... Read morePublished on 16 Aug. 2012 by Barry Ryder
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biography > Historical > 1901 Onwards
- Books > Biography > Historical > United States
- Books > Biography > Political > United States
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Edwardian and Early 20th Century 1901-1913
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Inter-war Period 1919-1938
- Books > History > Essays, Journals, Letters & True Accounts > 20th Century
- Books > History > Europe > Early 20th Century 1901-1913
- Books > History > Europe > Inter-war Period 1919-1938
- Books > History > North America > Early 20th Century 1901-1913
- Books > History > North America > Inter-war Period 1919-1938
- Books > History > Other Historical Subjects > Heraldry
- Books > History > World History > 1901-1913
- Books > History > World History > Inter-war Period 1919-1938