Keeping Bees (Green Guides) Paperback – Illustrated, 1 Apr 2011
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Paul Peacock is a writer and broadcaster on environmental topics. A beekeeper for many years, he has been training allotment holders to keep bees in the inner city. He has written 20 books on self sufficiency and is a panellist on BBC4’s Gardeners Question Time.
Pam Gregory started beekeeping in 1975 after moving to Wales during the ‘back to the land’ movement. She worked first at the National Bee Unit laboratory then in the field as a seasonal bee inspector, qualifying as a Master Beekeeper in 1986 and gaining the prestigious National Diploma in Beekeeping in 1991.
Claire Waring has kept bees since 1980 and been involved with beekeeping associations ever since, serving as General Secretary of the British Beekeepers’ Association from 2004 to 2005. She is Editor of Bee Craft, the leading UK beekeeping journal and is currently writing a Bee Manual.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Secretary, Conwy Beekeepers' Association
No-one in their right minds would take up beekeeping without a very great deal of thought and research, and this would not really add to even the simplest of libraries on the subject.
There is an awful lot of repetition, and, had there not been, the information contained in this book could have fitted into a very slim volume indeed, if not a pamphlet.
As I say, quite nice as a preliminary introduction rather than a guide.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Easy to read guide to bee keeping. Very Practical. They also do a good guide to chickens.Published 2 months ago by munchkin25
This book is good value for money, I can not put it down, and my friend are reading it tooPublished 17 months ago by Mavis Wilkinson
Comprehensive beginner bee keeping book. Would recommend.Published 23 months ago by PETER J. GRUNDY
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Reference
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Animal Sciences > Habitats
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Reference
- Books > Science & Nature > Environment & Ecology > Conservation
- Books > Science & Nature > Food & Farming > Animal Husbandry > Beekeeping
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Agriculture & Farming
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Environment