on 26 September 2017
In very good condition
on 18 September 2012
I thought this was a normal paperback book and I bought it because my daughter is reading the katie morag books at school when this is actually just a pocket book.
on 1 August 2017
Re-read many a times!
on 4 September 2001
Does the Isle of Struay really exist? If so, what are the property prices like because my three year old and I want to move there without delay. The storyline is so simple: young girl runs an errand, gets herself in a muddle, Granny bails her out. But the lovely detailed illustrations loan this book to lots of discussion, as you discover the Islanders going about their business and all the homes in the bay depicted on each page from a different vantage point. For example, on one page you have the Island post office seen from Granny's house, way over the far side of the bay, and on another you have that view reversed. Plus, there's the odd Island argot thrown in to boot, allowing the likes of me to slip into a Scottish accent to really bring Katie's 'boorach' to life!
11 Comment| 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 10 December 2011
Having read and loved all the Katie Morag books with my 4 year old son, I ordered this one for a friend's daughter just by recognizing the front cover. It arrived and it turned out to be a mini version of the big books we had enjoyed. Although the story and pictures are obviously the same, the fact that each page is about a quarter of the size of the books we enjoyed meant the text was tiny and all squashed up. These stories are magical, I would just recommend the bigger versions for reading together on laps and spreading out the wonderful panoramic scenes!
on 12 July 2012
It is not clear in the item description that this is a POCKET BOOK! I thought I was buying it for a great price, it is because the book is about 10cm by 15cm!!!!!!
22 Comments| 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 7 December 2012
Bitterly disappointed! I buy and use a lot of sharing books for social and emotional purposes. The size of this book should be made specific and SHOULD state that it is a POCKET BOOK and not one that can be read with a child at the side of you. The txt is far too small and although the pictures are beautiful, it deters from the enjoyment of sharing such a lovely story socially.
I've tested this out on the best known critics (the children) and they give it a thumbs down for size.
I give the seller a thumbs down for not being specific that it was a pocket book.
on 8 October 2000
beautiful drawing and an easy and educational storyline combine to make the pleasure of reading with your child even more so as you can enjoy the story also (even the 10th time round)
on 4 July 2015
My 3 1/2 year old daughter adores the Katie Morag stories. The characters are endearing and you get a good feel for the location thanks to Hedderwick's beautiful illustrations of the island and sea. The whole series is a little gem in the big literary world of children's literature. We plan to visit the Island of Coll one day to see the island where it is all set.
on 25 January 2013
I bought this book on my Kindle and i used to read the Katie Morag books to her at night before bed so i decided to buy the paperback books so she could read them anytime instead of waiting until bedtime. She is a huge fan of Katie Morag and enjoys reading about her adventures