Format: Paperback|Change

on 28 June 2015
Katie Morag finds herself in a bad temper after the arrival of a new baby which is getting more attention than her. After taking her temper out on her much beloved teddy and kicking 'Tiresome Ted' into the sea she is packed off to her Granny Island's for a few days. Once a terrible storm is over and Katie has no teddy to cuddle at night to help her feel safe she goes down to the beach and starts collecting items on the beach thrown up by sea. Now feeling much calmer she selects certain items to give to her family as presents, including the new baby. She then discovers 'Tiresome Ted' lying amongst some seaweed and is so happy she takes it back to Granny Islands, restuffing and sewing up a tear. Granny Island takes her back home in a much better mood and everybody is happy again.
This is a typical Katie Morag story that is loved by children and covers issues they can relate to and understand the feelings and emotions involved.
on 2 January 2016
Was a nice enough story until we came across the illustration of Katie looking for her teddy on the beach. It was obviously meant to be a joke, but among the relics washed up by the sea is a gloved hand coming out of the sand (dead body). Nearly gave me nightmares, let alone my 5 and 2 year old. It went straight in the charity bag and has put me off buying more Katie Morag books. Shame, as my daughter loves her.
on 6 October 2014
It is great to have books about everyday life and not monsters. My 5 year old daughter loves this and the pictures are beautiful. I enjoyed listening to Mairi Hedderwick on Desert Island Disks and I am a big fan.
on 13 July 2004
I'm reading the Katie Morag books to my 3 year-old who, like me, is captivated by the lilting stories and detailed artwork that go towards making Katie Morag and her fellow Struay islanders folk you'll come to know and love. As a Scot living abroad it's also my way of passing on something of my home. The Isle of Struay may not exist but the watery light and landscapes, the humour and the quirks of each islander are very authentic. "Katie Morag and the Tiresome Ted" is yet another gem in the series. These are excellent books to read aloud and with so much to explore in the stories and illustrations, I expect to be reading them with my daughter for years to come.
LK, Luxembourg
on 6 March 2012
My son loved this book. He was drawn to the tractor on the cover, but thoroughly enjoyed the story and was visibly relieved when Ted was found! The story is beautifully illustrated (and how wonderful to see such a positive and casual portrayal of breastfeeding as an everyday occurrence). We'll definitely be adding more of Katie Morag's adventures to our collection.
on 10 January 2014
My 3.5 year old has enjoyed us reading this in advance and after the arrival of her new little sister. It also shows the mum breastfeeding which again was a handy conversation starter.
on 9 July 2013
This is a fantastic book for children of all ages as it has such depth. This could be useful to help a child identify emotions in response to a new baby brother/sister as the story centres on Katie's reaction to the new baby.
on 1 January 2011
If you know "Katie Morag" all I can say this adventure is as always........funny,clever and the illustrations are a delight,if you haven't yet met her do so.. you and any children you know will love these books.
on 5 February 2015
Very good story with a happy ending - we all like those irrespective of age! Beautiful pictures as usual in these stories.
on 11 July 2009
All children love Katie Morag. Fantastic story opportunity with lovely illustrations and great storyline.