on 13 September 2014
I switched to Kaspersky after years of loyalty to Norton anti-virus products and I wish I had made the change earlier! I run my laptop on Microsoft's Windows 8 platform, which Norton decided it didn't like and threw a hissy fit every time Windows installed an update. Symantec, the publishers of Norton were totally unhelpful and disinterested in the issues, so as my licence for Norton was coming up for renewal I gave them the elbow.

Norton was also a complete and utter pain to remove from my laptop and took several attempts before all elements of it had gone.

The Kaspersky software was a doddle to install and set-up, and takes up far less hard drive space than Norton. Kaspersky includes a number of nice features which go just beyond internet security and justify the "total" part of the title.
3 people found this helpful
on 14 December 2014
Review for those who want to use Parental controls.

The point of Parental Controls is to create fair, reasonable boundaries for your child - that you and they understand and are consistent. It fails on all levels.

Despite many attempts at refining through all the various levels, the bottom line is that its useless. The total time control does not seem to function and/or can be overridden by the child. Try and limit the games user to 2 hours a day and you'll find he manages many many more.

It crashes frequently in its control panel and is very very slow when trying to make changes adding more frustration on top of frustration. Even when users are logged off, it counts up their time - so you have no idea how long they've been on for - it even counts up for days last week when looking at the control panel, giving more than 24 hours use shown in each day!!! - it's not fit for purpose.

Basically, utterly pointless for any form of repeatable, controllable, fair or transparent, parental control.

By and large its other regular protection features go by unnoticed, which is of course a compliment. However, 1 star which means I hate it because it causes even more angst with the kids, not less, because it does not work reliably, or even at all for some features.
on 3 December 2014
I installed this a couple of months ago and my PC slowed right down. My PC didn't operate as efficient after install and ads started to appear so I deleted it then I had no problem with ads! Yesterday 3rd Dec 2014 I re-installed just to see what would happen and low and behold ads have now reappeared so what is the point in having an ad blocker within this software that clearly does not work. In fact it's actually introduced ads (that I was not having trouble with before this install). I updated today and ads STILL appear. It's driving me nuts so I now have to uninstall, so effectively I have wasted good money on a product that does not do what it was designed to do, hence I feel cheated! I used to use Kaspersky religiously and it was fine but lately I am bitterly disappoined so over to norton I guess. Amazon, if you are reading this I think you should get on to Kaspersky and tell them to sort it, then refund me! I am more annoyed at the ads than wasting the money, I HATE ads...
on 20 June 2014
I have 3 pc's running 3 different operating systems and it works on all of them. That said I did have some initial irritations with set up on both windows 7 and visa. These were fixed reasonable quickly and now they are up and running, I find it doesn't slow lower powered systems as much as others have. There is a small learning curve when dealing with password manager, but you so become used to it.
4 people found this helpful
on 28 May 2014
An utter sod to install due to Win7 installer issues. Other K Pure would not install to install v3.0.
I disabled the old version as much as possible and did an install over the previous install. Worked fine :) Good product once it updates... quicker than previous versions which I've had since 2010-ish. Initial scan found issues which older one did not.
on 14 July 2014
I have used Kaspersky for my internet security for a few years now. I find it relatively easy to install and I have peace of mind that I can leave it to Kaspersky to look after my internet security. I don't consider installing any other system when it's time to renew.
2 people found this helpful
on 12 September 2013
I have used KASPERSKY PURE since it first came out after using KASPERSKY for many years. I have never had any problems
so I will continue to do so. It is never a problem & just does it`s work in the background where you can more or less forget it.
4 people found this helpful
on 14 October 2014
All ways used Kaspersky internet security which I found very satisfactory for several years./ This time I've upgraded too Kaspersky pure and as usual highly delighted with the program I've used other security products in the past but I will stick to Kaspersky.
on 22 March 2015
Jury's out! And so is Kaspersky! Little tentacles absolutely everywhere. Slowed computer to a virtual standstill! Think protection may be better than, but if you like to shred, and I do, the Big Kasp is a blunt brick. It will probably do for someone more astute than I. Too late to return it, Rats!
on 5 June 2015
We have used Kapersky for a few years now at work and I use at home as well and can only say that it does the job and does not affect how the system runs or constantly comes up with annoying reminders on the screen when in use. Would not use anything else.