Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 Booster Edition, 3 users, 1 Year License (PC)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Essential antivirus technologies featuring additional layers of defence against hackers, spam, identity theft, and complex Internet threats
- Hybrid Protection, combining the power of the cloud and your PC
- Best-in-class, two-way firewall to keep hackers out
- Rapid, real-time reaction to new threats
- Proactive detection of unknown and emerging malware
- Secure online banking and shopping
- Advanced identity theft and phishing protection
- Secure social networking for you and your children
- Instant safety check on files, applications and websites
- Advanced parental controls to keep your children safe and Responsible
- Fast and efficient with small updates and intelligent scanning
- New user-friendly interface and Desktop Security Gadget
- Rebit 5 Essentials backup software included to protect your digital content, provide automatic system protection and continuous data protection
- TuneUp Utilities 2011 software included to speed up your PC’s start time, gain disc space, help run your PC more efficiently and fix common window problems.
Customers Also Shopped For
- Platform: Windows 7 / XP / Vista
- Media: CD-ROM
- Item Quantity: 1
Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 delivers premium protection from viruses, Trojans, spam, hackers, and more. Its cutting-edge, hybrid approach to digital security combines innovative, cloud-based technologies with advanced antivirus protection to deliver a faster, more effective response to today's complex, ever-evolving threats. You, your private data and PC are completely protected as you work, bank, shop and play online.
Top Customer Reviews
However, I purchase the booster version specifically as TuneUp & Rebit included. In the box you get instructions to email PXSoftware with an activation code & they then send you an email with a code & download instructions for TuneUp & Rebit. I have never received the details despite ringing them & sending two emails to their support team.
Edited to add that the above-mentioned email provides the serial numbers needed to register TuneUp Utilities and Rebit, so you won't have the products just for a 14-day trial.
This gives you the full versions and not the trial versions.
Well worth the money.
As others have said, the additional programs required a simple website visit and I have both installed. It is simple and appears to be the full version and not a trial as stated by some others.Nor is installation difficult. The Tune Up Utilities program seems to have improved my laptops performance and boot up is far quicker as all of the extra programs you don't need on start up are turned off. Early days but I am pleased to have it so far. The Rebit 5 programme will be useful when I get a spare hard drive that is large enough to back up to. My 160Gb external drive proved insufficient so a 250Gb will be needed.
It is a no brainer, buy it, you won't be disappointed.
Despite submitting my details TWICE on their website in the hope of receiving download instructions to no avail; I tried to submit it a THIRD time. I received a red warning on the webpage that the voucher had exceeded its use.
If they for one minute think they are going to get away with it, they'd better think again. My first course of action will be to telephone Kaspersky UK and politely inform them that their product is misleading; the package does not contain the other two products and unless they contact this elusive company and get me what I paid for, I shall be reporting them to Comsumer Protection with a view to a refund in the difference between this and the standard version. I would suggest others who have not had a response, do the same.
The Kaspersky product itself is excellent and I would highly recommend it. Why they shacked up with an arrogant fifth rate outfit like pxsoftware, I'll never know.
Don't bother buying the booster version, go for the standard version and escape all the aggravation.
UPDATE: I contacted both Kaspersky and PXsoftware today. PXsoftware have asked me to scan the voucher and send it to their support department via email and they will process it and forward me the necessary link to download and activation keys. I will keep you posted as to the progress.
UPDATE 2: At last. I have received the download link and have installed the extra software.
2012 feels more sluggish to use than my previous 2010 version. During my before/after tests, scans of the same files were on average approx. 20% slower in 2012 as opposed to 2010 so I am basing my review on those comparisons. I still like Kaspersky but if they continue adding unnecessary features, bloatware and stick with a fancy GUI slowing things down, I may need to look for a new ship to jump to before this one sinks.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Complex potential but easy to use for the basic firewall needed by most users.Published 20 months ago by G.Cowley