Size: 8 UK|Colour: Dark Grey/Cochineal|Change
Price:£25.00 - £29.99

on 7 August 2011
These shoes looked brilliant in the description and the price was really good so I went for them. They are very light to wear although not very flexible, but the worst thing for me is the sole material. I am not very steady on my pins and do not need any help to fall over. Unfortunately the soles are very slippery when on a wet surface. They are also inclined to slip off the pedals when I am driving. They have been relegated to use in the garden only.
11 comment| 70 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 June 2010
I bought a pair of these in the expectation of being able to use them for general hill walking. Quite frankly, calling these hiking shoes is a serious breach of the trade descriptions act - reasons as follows:

* Blue suede uppers mark & stain very easily - will last about 10 minutes. Mine stained on the first day
* Not waterproof! Soak up water unless sprayed with wate repellant
* Very thin sole - totally unsuitable for walking on gravel / stones
* Good grip from front of sole but smooth tread on heel - a total liability for going downhill especially on wet grass or mud
* Very comfortable on the foot - like wearing slippers and provide only slightly more protection

Summary: These are LEISURE SHOES suitable for walking on pavement or nipping out to the shops. They are totally unsuitable for any moderately serious exercise.

If you want a good walking shoe at a similar price I would strongly recommend the Grisport Dartmoor.
44 comments| 162 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 June 2011
a lot of reviews give size issues, these were size 6 ordered to fit a size 6 and were a great fit with room to wear thick socks, a very comfortable shoe, not worn in bad weather conditions yet but were waterproof in damp and slightly muddy paths, cleaned up well and look great, at this price you can't go wrong
on 20 February 2010
I have bought two pairs of these shoes and found them both great. Recommended them to a friend who bought a pair and his comment was it was like walking the dog in slippers...sooo comfortable. My first pair are getting well worn now so am going to order another pair. Waterproof comfortable and great value for money :))
on 18 March 2010
Love these shoes, as casual wear with jeans.
Would have given it 5 stars but, BEWARE OF SIZING - looking at other reviews, I decided to order size 8 even tho' my size is 7 -71/2 and it turned out to be a perfect fit !
on 11 August 2011
I bought these shoes to replace my last pair of Karrimor shoes. They are really comfortable and are a perfect fit. I always wear them instead of leather shoes as they are so comfortable. I ordered my usual size as I knew they would fit. This is the 3rd pair of Karrimor's I have bought and not been disappointed by any of them.
on 29 July 2011
Very neat walking shoe at a great price. Please note that I am a normal UK size 6 however I found these two big and had to re-order a UK size 5. Very prompt delivery both times and the free returns made the online shopping process hassle free.
on 10 June 2011
Bought these for my wife who would like to start walking to keep fit.After a few weeks walking she finds them very comfortable and would highly recommend them.
on 14 June 2011
I ordered these shoes for my daughter who was going on an 8 mile walk. They were not dispatched by the estimated date and as I needed them quickly, I changed my order to express delivery (£8.99 extra). They didn't arrive the following day as promised but the one after that! They are reasonably comfortable but be warned, they are not waterproof at all. My daughter came home with wet feet as it had rained during the walk. They seemed to soak up the rain rather than repel it. I would only recommend these shoes for dry weather and you might need to order them a couple of weeks before you need them.
on 24 July 2011
These shoes are very comfortable but I don't think they have much grip for wet muddy conditions which is why I bought them, I will use them in the dry weather and get another pair for the dodgy weather.