on 13 June 2013
Lightweight and waterproof and very comfortable. True to size and generous in width,good heel support and strong laces .Would recommend highly
0Comment| 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 10 February 2014
These arrived earlier than expected and as I was about to go for a walk I tried them on straight away. The fit for me was great. I suffer with my toes and ankles having RA and found even my lightweight walking boots were starting to make them feel a bit sore. These walking shoes are light but feel very sturdy and although other reviewers have found them to be quite wide fitting they are perfect for me and I don't have wide feet but there is enough room even with a thick sock for my feet to move and not feel pressed on in any way. After a brisk walk of 30 mins in them I think I've found the perfect walking shoes... no rubbing, no blisters they didn't even need to be broken in. Only minus for me is that they are lighter than shown in pic but not enough to drop a star.
on 7 July 2014
I have searched for a pair of walking shoes for months. I have had to return 3 pairs as uncomfortable. I have very wide feet and measure a 6.5 EEEE, a lot of the width being across the toes. I chose a 7 and I like to wear lightweight cotton socks in summer and thick walking socks in winter. Both fit comfortably when I vary the tightness of the laces. I can walk quite a few miles in them and only use my heavy boots when terrain is very rough and I need ankle support. They are also not too sweaty in hot weather. Sort of breathable. The only downside is that I do not know how waterproof they are as have only worn in a very light shower so far. Will have to be boots in the rain if these cannot cope. With the comfort these bring me I would still consider them an amazing find!
on 22 September 2014
I bought these for my 40minute walk to work and weekends walking in the woods, they are very comfortable and the sole is the perfect thickness. This may sounds strange but I have bought one pair which the sole was too thin and large stones could be felt and bruised my feet and then ones which were too thick and were so heavy to lift it was very difficult to walk long distance. I have not yet tried them in the rain so I don't know how waterproof they are but I have noticed that whatever thickness socks I wear my feet get very hot which is the only down side.
on 13 August 2014
Went on a walking holiday in France and Spain. Only on moderate hills so didn't want/need ankle support as much. These boots are light and cheap. Because it was hot I was glad of the mesh panels but I imagine they would let in rain. I'm definitely a fair weather only kind of walker so not a problem.
As others have said, they are quite a wide fitting. I had to put in a pair of foam insoles to make them fit, even with thick socks. They are still roomy and some may find this a problem, in fact I found it quite useful when walking in hot weather as feet swell.
Fine for average walking needs, serious hikers need something stronger with ankle support.
on 11 June 2014
I am a podiatrist and I was not happy with the Karrimor Women's Traveller Supa 11 Trekking and Hiking Shoes. In the first place they were not an evenly matched pair of shoes (the left shoe gave the impression of a torsional twist along the length of the sole). In addition, they are not a good fit - they are both too large (even though I took note of the on line advice that their sizing system is generous and ordered what I thought would be a snug fit), and yet they seem uncomfortably tight particularly areas of the upper of the toe box......curious! I am returning them back, unused, to the seller.
on 7 April 2014
I think I will stick with Karrimor footwear for future purchases. I wore these shoes for the first time on a 2 hour walk. Usually I would have ended up with blisters if I had not walked shoes in on a few short journeys but these shoes didn't cause any discomfort at all. They are a good fit at toe area so there is no rubbing and heel fits snugly. Sole is also well cushioned. I bought 2 pairs of Salomon shoes last summer and soles wore away quickly and I had blisters on a long walk wearing them and they cost a great deal more than these shoes. Fantastic value for money. Only drawback is the laces-even with a double knot they managed to undo themselves.
on 26 March 2014
These trekking/hiking shoes by Karrimor are just as good as I had hoped. Very comfortable, support feet very well. I have had a pair of Karrimors, although a different style, fo 2.5 years, which are like walking on air. Sadly they are quite worn after walking hills, trails and general pavements and I needed a replacement. I had,'t been able to purchase a replica pair, so plumbed for the Womens Traveller Supa 2 and I'm pleased I did. I now walk 2 miles each morning. They have had their 'maiden voyage' and I am very happy indeed from the moment I put them on. Highly recommended.
on 20 December 2015
I have wide feet and most walking shoes are too narrow, but these fit very comfortably. The problem I have had is that the sole isn't very padded. If you press your thumb down into the shoe it's quite hard. Whenever I wore them my feet (particularly my heel and ball of my foot) were really aching after a short time. So I have replaced the insole with a gel one, and they are much better.
on 5 May 2014
Lately, I've been experiencing pain in my Achilles tendons when wearing hiking boots. I decided to try lower-cut hiking shoes instead. These Karrimor shoes are fantastic! They are so comfortable, yet suitably sturdy to cope with our local fells. I don't wear them in very wet conditions, simply because the uppers are not high enough to wade through deeper puddles, but for normal conditions I can't fault them. They also look good enough to wear when not hiking. Highly recommend!