on 10 May 2013
At the price I got em , excellent. Lightweight but perfectly serviceable, very comfortable, these are great shoes , the last pair I got survived about six months almost constant wear , not bad considering pricing.
on 4 August 2013
Excellent shoes for style, comfort and quality. The only drawback, which is rather significant for walking shoes, is that they are not waterproof. Fine for good weather, a great buy - but not if you intend to wear them in the rain!
on 26 January 2014
My husband has been buying Karrimor for a few years now. Although not really waterproof they are extremely hard wearing, comfortable and excellent quality. Even better that there's such a saving through Amazon, making them fantastic value for money.
on 27 March 2013
My husband thought these shoes were very comfortable and ideal for walking our dogs.
He has ordered these before and were very impressed with them.
on 23 January 2014
I bought these for my dad who is a die-hard high-tec and silver shadow fan, I personally thought on purchase these offered far more for the money, they were on sale too at the time, so went for them instead, and am glad I did, my dad is a convert and is very very happy with them. He dog walks in them daily and does the occasional run too despite being 75+
I bought these as a casual walking/cycling shoe

I'm a seasoned hiker and have gone through quite a few pairs of walking boots/shoes over the years and Karrimor have been a quality brand in my opinion. When I spotted these at such a low price at this time of writing it was a no brainer!

I've been using them for a few weeks now and they have proven to be very reliable indeed.

- Lightweight and comfortable with no rubbing or chaffing from day one of wear
- Great fit for my wide foot
- Tough yet flexible sole
- Great breathable material so no sweating
- Good all rounder for simple days out to some serious longer walking and for cycling too
- They scrub up well too!

I'm glad I bought these.

Recommended
on 23 April 2014
These were my first Karrimor shoes and probably not the last, at the time I bought these shoes, I didn't want to invest in a pair Timberland... so I went for Karrimor as a cheaper option and I am happy I did.
When I first tried them, they fit nice and felt comfy yet firm on the foot, they are also breathable which is good as I plan to use them basically in summer time hiking.
I tried them first in a desert safari which I made couple of KMs on foot in the desert, and they were good.
The second time was a more serious hike, I took them on Catherine mountain hike ( in Sinai, Egypt) Catherine mountain is the highest mountain in Egypt and middle east ( 2,630 Meters high) with a total of 26 KMs trail. the performance was super well, the trail is steep, dusty with hard-edged rocks, the Karrimor did more than fine and when I was back home, I checked them and to my surprise, they were intact, aside from the dust, they were just as good as new.
I am Happy I went for Karrimor and I would definatly buy from them again.
on 30 May 2013
A very good shoe for the £22 I paid for them but waterproof??? What I will say is that the conditions these let in water were pretty severe and prolonged but sorry, they are simply not waterproof!!! 3 stars for value and comfort (big for a 9 though) but lose 2 for lack of waterproofing.
Recently, my shoes had begun showing serious wear and tear. I don't tend to pay a lot for trainers as I'm not really fussed about brands. I'd never previously heard of Karrimor, but they seemed reasonably-priced and had excellent reviews. I was not disappointed.

Function, for me, trumps form. That is, I care more about the durability and longevity of these than their looks. They certainly don't look bad, but they're likely not the height of fashion, either.
I ordered these in early December and have worn them every day since, in varying weather conditions. Throughout this time, they've been comfortable, felt solid and show no sign of damage, even though I've treated them more roughly than previous daily wear shoes.

For under £20, I've been very impressed. Typically, I buy trainers but these were a similar price and I expected them to be more durable, as they're designed for hiking. I wasn't mislead and they've always felt solid and tough, that I don't need to be careful just because they're cheap.

Heartily recommended.
on 26 September 2014
I use these as my everyday trainers. They are comfy and seem to be quite durable. I'm somewhat ambivalent regarding the styling, but I primarily use them for dog walking and general kicking around in the summer months. For the price they are extremely good value.

There are three things about them that I do not like, two of which I can easily remedy if I can be bothered.

1) The insoles seem to slide back up the heel and each time I put them on; I have to remember to push the insoles forward in order for them not to be uncomfortable while walking (new insoles would probably sort this).

2) The other thing which, I've never experienced in a shoe such as this before - The laces are massively too long. I've taken to lacing the bow as a double knot but leaving the none loop ends fairly long and then feeding them all the way down the front of the shoe under the lace cross-overs and the knotting them at the end to stop them flapping about while I walk. Obviously I could cut them down a bit and probably will at some point.

3) The final thing which may or may not be an issue is the use of material lace loops. I'm just worried about their durability. However I've worn these shoes all summer and there hasn't been an issue yet - one of the loops is a little frayed, but in no way insecure.

For the price they are very good value and admirably suit the purpose they were intended for.

See one answered question