Karcher SC1122 Mobile Domestic Steam Cleaner
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- 1400 watt heater
- 1.2 boiler capacity
- Very short heating times
- Steam pressure of 3.0 bar
- Window Squeegee included for window cleaning
- Round bristle nozzle for stubborn areas
- Detail nozzle
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Karcher SC1122 Mobile Domestic Steam Cleaner is a high performance domestic steam cleaner. The machine works just with the power of water - all you need is a tap and a plug socket. The very short heating time is used to turn ordinary tap water into high-pressure steam, perfect for all domestic steam cleaning requirements such as: kitchen work surfaces, ovens and hobs, taps and sinks, windows, mattresses, clothing, tiles, plants and floors.
The long electrical cable provides a large working radius, letting you do multiple jobs around the house without having to constantly plug and unplug the cleaner. This Karcher steam cleaner comes with an extensive set of accessories, including a power nozzle, round bristle nozzle, floor tool, hand tool, two extension poles, terry toweling cloth and cover, window squeegee and bio-descaler chemical. Give this Karcher a try and you?ll find cleaning is now simple, easy and efficient. The SC1122 also includes a heat safety lock.
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
- The 'spinning cap' issue. The safety valve is designed so that it will not release until the pressure in the tank has dispersed. It is not a fault, there is no point getting your bodybuilder friends to try to force it. It is a deliberate design feature. I admit that it is very frustrating to have to wait for the tank to cool before you can top it up when you are half way through a job, but surely that's better than getting scalded by steam?
- Limescale. Try putting some vinegar or lemon juice on the limescale and letting it sit for a while before you attack it with steam. I successfully removed large amounts of built-up limescale from around the taps when I moved into a new house.
- Of course you still have to wipe - or in the case of built up, burned on or very old stains - go over them a few times. The steam will loosen/dislodge/melt dirt, but will not make it 'vapourise', if you'll pardon the pun. Steam makes cleaning easier, it does not make it completely effortless. I do think, though, that it gives a better result than chemical cleaning, and without harming the environment or leaving harsh smells behind.
- As for the reviewer who complained that the steam is very hot, well d'oh!
Firstly, dealing with Mr Kershaw's pique about the cap. I assume he had the same problem my partner had early on; in that the filller cap just goes round and round without gripping the thread. My analysis at the time was fairly blunt; either it's cr*p and has broken or it's a safety feature based on the pressure of the tank whilst hot. Thankfully it was the latter - and we didn't have to draft in a multitude of body builder friends to work this one out. Either way, one sends it back as faulty or it's actually quite a good safety feature - no need to get too worked up about it.
Next. I've now spent nearly four days deep cleaning our home for the first time since we moved in - nearly 7 years ago. I have no doubt that the steam cleaner has made this quicker, easier, less back breaking and more satisfying by far.
It's equally horrifying and reassuring to see how much crud one can prise from the dark, damp corners....
I did take the advice of a previous reviewer, and we hired a carpet cleaner for deep clean of the carpets and I'm happy that I can now maintain the carpets-ish, but that in my usual weekly clean, I'm acheiving much more in a shorter space of time.
The kitchen and bathroom in particular are the areas which have benefitted - and the speed with which I can whizz round the surfaces and tiles is great.Read more ›
The unit is pretty light, so it's useful for anyone wanting to use it on high places when climbing a ladder, or for someone who isn't that strong. The one problem is that the cable isn't too long, but if you're doing jobs around the house or just outside, it shouldn't be a problem.
Refilling is simple, but I did find myself having to do this quite often with the size of the machine being so small. Still, it wasn't too much effort.
Overall, I'm really impressed with the machine, I certainly think that we've got good use out of it for the price we paid on Amazon.
If you fancy a steam cleaner and can afford it, then go for one of these. It's quick and easy, no cleaning solutions, no sprays or liquids are needed. Just fill with water and wait a few minutes for it to heat up - it's as simple as that.
You'll be looking for things to clean - I know I have :)
I'm chuffed to bits with this machine, if I had to name a fault it would be I wish it came with more of the cloths. If you're getting one to Spring clean then order more of the cloths so you're ready :)
Other than than, the only other problem is that I'm totally tired out from all the cleaning I've been doing with this Karcher Steam Cleaner
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Cleans well when I keep all the bits together! Have a lot of Karcher products and expected the same high quality. But the connections and accessories are hopeless and cumbersome. Read morePublished 21 months ago by Shantha T.
A useful bit if kit have used it for all sorts of cleaning jobs, it even removed the indentations in the carpet where furniture had been.Published 23 months ago by Richard Sutcliffe
Takes a while to heat up, but then there is plenty of steam
The accessories are fiddly to fit. Read more
Sadly I cannot recommend this product, although I purchased it a while a go & I only use it a couple of times per year. Read morePublished on 16 Nov. 2013 by j
I have bought two of these, one in 2008 which stopped steaming in Jan 2011, bought another and now just out of warranty Feb 2012, this one although heating up the water, water just... Read morePublished on 4 Feb. 2012 by Phill Wheatley