Format: Hardcover|Change

on 7 January 2013
I love this book. Anyone who likes Kaffe's designs will get immense pleasure from this book. He has had a fascinating life and I could really imagine myself there with the celebrities at his parents' bohemian restaurant in Big Sur! There are masses of colour photos of his designs - knitwear, needlepoint, patchwork, mosaics and paintings - along with family photos and pictures of people he's met who have inspired him. He has a passion for people and life which shines through in this book. But of course it is colour that really lights him up and it is this, plus his willingness to share his ideas and show people that they too can create beautiful things - that have made him a household name. Again - I love this book!
on 30 May 2013
The remarkable story of a remarkable man. Kaffe Fassett is one of those truly rare individuals whose talent and joie de vivre are awe inspiring. This book is such a pleasure to read and to look at, it leaves you with a warm glow. I keep it by my bedside and give myself a dose of Kaffe on a regular basis. I think he is THE design and colour genius of my generation. I always suspected that he was also a lovely man and, after reading his autobiography, I know that I was right. There aren't many people whom I would love to take tea with, but Kaffe Fassett is at the top of the list. I hope that he continues to live a long and happy life so that we can enjoy his talent for many years to come. Kaffe, I adore you.
on 3 January 2013
This is a brilliant book - tells his story with fabulous pictures. He writes as he speaks which makes it easy and entertaining to read. He could fill a Who's Who with the people he has met but I think that makes it more interesting. Lovely book. I'm really enjoying it, but then he's one of my heroes. He's one of those people who makes you sick! He can do anything, and does it well. Something to aspire to.
on 20 January 2017
An illuminating read about Kaffe Fassett, his life and hid designs and use of colour. Thoroughly recommend to all knitters, sewers, quilters and all would-be designers.
on 3 January 2013
A beautifully produced work which will give endless pleasure not only in the wonderful photography, but by inspiration in the marvellous work which you can try for yourself.
on 10 February 2017
Another joyful, colourful and creative triumph of a book by Kaffe Fassett ... very inspiring and loving it!
on 4 June 2015
Like any of Kaffes books this is beautiful. Great images, lots of photos of Kaffes designs throughout. And wonderful to read about his early life and see where he grew up and the places that have inspired him.
on 29 March 2013
Love Kaffe Fassett's work. Have tried some of his patterns so loved to read his story, an inspirational story of learning an art he did now know
on 10 January 2013
Absolutely beautiful book, wonderful illustrations. His designs are sometimes a bit busy but they are good inspiration and you can pick sections and ideas to inspire you in different projects. Fabulous !!!!!
on 7 March 2014
A beautiful book. Worth buying for all the lovely, inspiring illustrations alone. Also an interesting biography showing how Kaffe Fassett became the colourful textile designer that he is. Glad I bought it because now that I have finished reading it I can still enjoy looking at all the wonderful pictures from time to time.