- Visit the Dog Clothing & Accessories Store for a huge selection of dog collars, leads, coats and jumpers from great brands at top prices.
- Visit the Dog Store for great offers on dog food and accessories from top brands.
- Visit the Pet Supplies Store for a huge selection of pet supplies from great brands at top prices.
- Visit the Dog Treats Store for a huge selection of dog treats from great brands at top prices.
- Visit the Deals in Pet Supplies Page for great discounts on a range of top-brand pet supplies products.
- Visit the Dog Carrier Reviews page featuring ratings from thousands of customers who have used our most popular dog carriers.
- Visit the Dog Shampoo Reviews page featuring ratings from thousands of customers who have used our most popular dog shampoos.
- Also check our best rated Dog Toy reviews
This item, sold by Amazon, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.
- Unlimited Free One-Day Delivery
- Instant streaming of thousands of films and TV shows
- A Kindle book to borrow for free each month - with no due dates
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE delivery
+ FREE delivery
+ FREE delivery
KONG Classic Dog Toy, Large
|Price:||£5.99 & FREE Delivery with Amazon Prime when buying this Add-on Item. Details|
|You Save:||£7.03 (54%)|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- Mentally stimulating toy, offering enrichment by helping satisfy dogs' instinctual needs
- KONG classic red rubber formula for average chewers
- Unpredictable bounce for games of fetch
- Great for stuffing with KONG Easy Treat, Snacks or Ziggies
- Recommended by veterinarians and trainers worldwide
- All-natural rubber made in the USA
- Freeze with your dog's favorite tastes for extended play
- Available in six sizes: XS, S, M, L, XL and XXL
This item is available because of the Add-on programme
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Related products from Our Brands
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
The KONG Classic is the gold standard of dog toys and has become the staple for dogs around the world for over forty years. Offering enrichment by helping satisfy dogs' instinctual needs, the KONG Classic's unique all-natural red rubber formula is ultra-durable with an erratic bounce that is ideal for dogs that like to chew while also fulfilling a dog's need to play. Want to extend play time? Be sure to stuff with tempting bits of kibble and entice with a dash of peanut butter. Add to the fun by adding KONG Snacks and topping with KONG Easy Treat.
Each order comes with 1 x Kong Large Classic Chew Toy 213 g
From the manufacturer
Customers who bought this item also bought
Showing 1-6 of 1,967 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Found out recently they are called kongs after a comment that the prototype looked like one of king kongs ear plugs 😆
Pic shows an adult Field Spaniel (same size head as Setters) with a large size Kong. They should be able to just about get their jaws round the large end to squish out the compacted stuffing for optimum enjoyment, and a peaceful home! 😊
One word of caution however, that I only heard about long after my dog became addicted, is that some dogs' tongues may get stuck inside the toy leading to asphyxiation. That's a truly appalling idea so do supervise your dog with this just in case. Be aware that the little hole in one end may become blocked with food and needs to be washed carefully and regularly. Make sure it remains free and clear thus allowing air to go in and out which should prevent this vacuum tongue-hazard.
My dog had been playing with his first Kong for at least 8 years before it started to break down. The rubber becomes oddly sticky eventually and leaches oils when it begins to perish. Obviously you should replace it as soon as this happens. It's a curious thing but entirely acceptable after years of massive abuse. I started with the Medium size for him and he enjoys it but the Large is a whole new realm because it holds so much more and takes him ages to empty, being much deeper and more challenging.
I would give this five stars based on my own experience. The person who warned me of the danger could be entirely wrong, and was going by hearsay I think, but the fact remains that any design that can become clogged at the end does have the potential to create a vacuum just as a bottle could. Please be careful if you give this to your dog and buy the size that best suits your breed, in terms of safety as well as play quality. I would simply always be there with your dog when you give it to them and supervise them. It remains however a really enjoyable toy for a dog and will keep them happy for ages. Dogs need this mental stimulation which is why I continue to use it even though it requires supervision.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?