Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now

on 7 May 2014
Wowwwzaaaa steamy stuff... more hot stuff from our favourite author Mimi Jean Pamfiloff

I bought this last night and couldn't put it down from the first word! the beginning funnily enough reminded me of the film The Secretary, lol (where her dominant boss makes her sit at her desk and not move) but the plot soon thickens and there's plenty of intrigue and story to balance out the hot n steamy ;o)

Finished this book in half a day and had to download the 2nd part in the trilogy (King for a Day) IMMEDIATELY!

King is a complex character, and unlike in the Accidentally series Mimi keeps you guessing as to King's true nature... is he the Devil, is he a man who has supernatural abilities..has he just acquired abilities as a member of a freaky Billionaire power club... I won't spoil it for you, but you REALLY need to buy this book now or you are missing out on a great story!

I would say it would make a good film but fear the best sex scenes may get cut to make it YA-appropriate LOL

can never get enough of a good Mimi Jean number, her books have great stories and hot lead men (yum!)
on 20 May 2014
I finished this in a day, just couldn't put it down! The characters are lush and remain frustratingly mysterious throughout. I am desperate to read the next one!
I devoured the accidentally books, I keep waiting on Cimil turning up in this series?!
This beats a few of Mimi's competitors around the head with a wet kipper, love it.
on 25 June 2016
Whilst I found this book intriguing, it is a little lacking in details, what the he'll is going on, okay so I know this is a trilogy but by gosh I hope the next books provide some bloody answers, a little frustrating......
on 2 June 2014
This is extremely poor on all levels. Poorly written, dire characters, inane asides to a non-existant camera and a plot that my niece could surely improve on. The author prefaces this novel by admonishing us to always pay for our e books but at 77p this is still way overpriced.
on 26 May 2014
I wasn't too sure about this book at first, but how wrong was I.
Action, tick, mystery, tick, a none blabbering heroine, tick, hot maddening protagonist/antagonist, tick tick tick. In summary an intriguing addictive read, less than a day I was on book number 2.
on 2 July 2014
This is the first book I have read of Mimi Jean's and frankly WOW!
I read a lot, to the extent that I think I have an addiction problem.
I don't write many reviews as not many meet the worthy status. Plus there is always a little bit of me that feels slightly wary of publicly expressing my personal opinion on my choice of books. As a book-a-holic I could be putting others at risk!
Well. having measured the risks I would most definitely advise you to download this book now, stock up on frozen meals, pack the kids off to friends, send the old man off doing man stuff, book a day off work and enduldge yourself in King!
Gulp down this beautifully written, engaging, funny, provocative story and then cure your hangover by getting the next episode!
on 17 June 2014
Regrettably, I find that I wasted both money and time. About 60% into the book I really had to put it down, and away, for good. That does not happen often. This story is as puerile as they get. The heroine (?) is an incredibly tiring character who time and again notices the sex appeal of the 'dangerous' male protagonist, and all this in the most repetitive and uninspired way. Think nonstop observations about bulging muscles and full lips. An enthusiastic 13 year old girl with a vivid erotic imagination could have written this. If so, this work would have been commendable, if only for effort. Aside from the 'romantic' interplay between the main characters, the thriller/mystery/fantasy mashup narrative is uninteresting and utterly cliche. While I have realized that I may not be in the target audience (despite having read 100s of Fantasy books in just about any subgenre), there must be something more inspired in this particular style. Please, let there be.
on 17 May 2014
This is definitely a cliffhanger. I mean, I really enjoyed this book with its twist and turns. No end though, so I am off to buy the second installment. I must know what or who King is. Loved the story.
on 5 November 2014
Well written book. I gave it four stars because at some point in this book Mia made me want to hurl myself head first at the wall. And so I am going to conclude this review by saying that if you suffer from "patience induced psychosis" - then your probably should stay clear off this book. However
on 3 June 2014
I don't know what to say, this book had excellent reviews and I've never read anything by Mimi before and if this is the standard I won't read any more. Now, the main character was sooo annoying, whiny and generally a bit of a doormat. Clearly this will be a series and there will be a big reveal of the various secrets hinted at, but honestly...I don't care enough to stick with it.