on 3 December 2012
This really is the best Go Pro mount for MTB handlebars I have found, great quality and absolutely solid mounting for the camera.
Weighs in at next to nothing and small enough to leave mounted when not being used with camera.
All in all a great item.
on 16 June 2015
Fantastic Mount. Solidly made, nicely finished and very stable when filming. Makes for a nice POV when mounted to the handlebars. Especially on my road bike where it gives you a short of my hands on the hoods so you can see braking and gear changes. Knocked a star off because the price is pretty steep for a metal bracket. I bought a second one to fit to my mountain bike so suffice to say I'm pretty impressed with it!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 1 February 2015
Bought this after reading good reviews, well what can I add
Looks good, weighs nothing and holds a gopro camera rock solid to a mtb handle bar,

I got an old inner tube and sliced a ring 0.5mm wide and cut to fit and then slid this between the handle bar and k-edge and tightened it on , it is now rock solid and the camera didn't move once despite rough terrain and bounce
review image
on 27 July 2013
Previously had a gopro camera bounce up the road using the gopro attachments. This one secures my new go pro with and I have no worries about the new camera meeting a similar fate. I would give it five stars but it does not come with rubber shims, I ha to fashion these out of old inner tubes.
on 16 April 2013
Having read the reviews of the official GoPro mount which described it as a flimsy piece of plastic I saw this item listed as an alternative and after reading its reviews (much more favourable) I decided to buy.

It is a well made metal mount that attaches to your handlebars by using allen keys, the only problem I have had is attaching and removing the GoPro housing due to the curvature of the handlebars.

It performs admirably, I rode over some pretty rough terrain but it remained in position throughout, no slippage and more importantly no breakage!

I would recommend this as the best alternative to the official mount.
on 7 August 2013
I would say this is much better mount than the official GoPro mount as its Metal so you know its not going to snap on you. I did have to get some inner tube rubber to mount this as it was too big for my handle bars. Overall a very good solid product that looks like its made to last the test of time.
on 30 October 2014
There isn't a whole lot that can be said about a product with a single purpose as 'basic' as this one. However, what it has to do, it does perfectly.

The mount is lightweight, incredibly secure and lets be honest, it looks fantastic compared to the standard plastic mounts that come with GoPro or SJ4000 cameras etc.

The best thing I can say is that I tested this mount the day after using my standard stock mount on the same trail, and the results were like night and day. The image was steady all the way along, rock solid. On the stock mount it vibrated more and wobbled around a touch, even moving sideways a couple of times.

There is a niggle in that I wonder if the screws fastening from the top instead of the bottom may make it slightly easier to fit, but it's not really a complaint to be honest.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 17 October 2013
Lots of reviews about the GoPro mount cracking so thought I'd go for this, good choice. Done a few rides and very stable and secure and well made. Too expensive though for what it is so only 4 stars.
on 31 October 2015
Excellent mount. Not had a single issue with it, and glad that I bought it in all honesty. Takes away that concern that my Virb Elite might thing it has wings.
on 5 June 2013
Like all the other reviews say, this is a great bit of kit, although it's very expensive for what it is.

The only problem I had with it is that it is far too big to fit on my mountain bike handlebars - and I had to fit it to part of the wheel with a few of the extra GoPro bits to get the camera pointing in the right direction. I've just watched the videos I took and they're really steady, with no movement of the K-Edge even over pretty rough ground. It's just a shame it didn't fit on to my handlebars to I could shoot a POV video as I hoped.

Check the size of this, and your handlebars before ordering, otherwise for nearly £30 it's quite an expensive ornament to have on your mantle piece!