on 16 November 2012
My husband installed K9 Mail for me when the other one that came with the Kindle Fire would not function. I have been very pleased with it, and haven't had any problems getting my e-mails, and I have also been able to send replies out from it. I would certainly recommend it if you find that the one provided with the Kindle Fire doesn't work.
on 1 December 2012
Excellent programme for connecting android devices to Pop 3 for emailing. Could not set up my Kindle Fire to send emails from Pop 3 on the Kindle but downloaded K9 and it worked straight away with the settings I used on my PC.
on 17 September 2012
The best part is being able to determine a time when you won't get notified about incoming emails (i.e. 2am). Colorizing different inboxes makes it easy to browse unified inbox. They are working on user manual, which will be useful. Only thing missing is conversation grouping.
on 17 May 2013
I already use this on my smart phone so was a little confused as to the low ratings on kindle. I downloaded any way and it is the version I know and love. Excellent for my Google apps account which is imap. Has all the features you could want. Only improvement I would make is an increase in theme choices.
on 7 January 2013
I chose K-9 Mail from recommendations online. It was easy to set up on my Kindle Fire and so far works perfectly. I was having problems with the inbuilt email on the Kindle Fire and now only use K-9.

I wasn't sure if I would be able to set it up as I'm not that techy. But it was easy.

So from my experience, I recommend it to you.
on 11 December 2013
I found it easy to set up but for people who don't have servers settings committed to memory, make sure you collect all information first.
No fancy bells or whistles but an excellent basic (free) email client.
on 3 July 2013
This is a brilliant email App dont be put off by its rather odd name and retro Dr Who Icon. Its a brilliant effective app I use it on my HD fire and it works very well for sending and receiving email. The only think I will point out is on my HD Fire is it will occasionallly refuse to download using check mail button but it may be a conflict with something I have installed as running "Clean Master" and cleaning the "Tasks" gets K9 working again in under 1 min Brilliant APP Get it Get It Now!
on 21 May 2016
This is a nice app if you want emails on your tablet or phone. After a while I decided I didn't, I prefer using my laptop with Thunderbird. So I no longer use this, but if I did want emails on my Kindle Fire, this is the app I would use.
on 21 January 2016
Best mobile and tablet email that I've found, not too heavy nor too light, easy to add multiple accounts and for some reason one of the very few that will allow me to add my Office 365 account and have a good sort feature so I can file emails and find them again.
VINE VOICEon 22 June 2013
This is clearer, quicker and smarter than gmail on the Kindle fire. My only criticisms are that it's not possible to enlarge the text of the list of emails. It would also be good to be able to switch off the automatic signature which advertises k-mail and android.