on 9 August 2013
This cleaner is quite average really. Given the price I was expecting a very powerful cleaner.

The build quality of the cleaner is very good, it comes with reasonable quality basic tools and most important to me was that it can be used for cleaning up small building dust & dirt and also for liquids. It has a very useful power through socket which turns the cleaner on when the power tool plugged into the cleaner starts up and stops when the power tool goes off.

The most disappointing thing is the power of the suction. It has what should be a powerful motor as it is rated at 1600 watt, but it just doesn't seem to have the guts to do a good job. If you have ever owned a Dyson cleaner, you will know what powerful suction is and it makes this Karcher look like its got all the power of a bingo machine.

It is a useful cleaner but I don't think I would recommend it unless the price was below £100. There are equivalent cleaners by other companies like Vax which are comparable in performance and features for much less money.
on 13 May 2013
If you have viewed the video and read the writeups and intend to use this for hoovering up rubble - then beware.

The video is misleading!
I bought this item for a loft cleanup job to vaccum up lots of fine dust ect. NOWHERE in the manuals or video does it mention that when hoovering dust like this that you should use a bag - in fact it seems to show that you only need the filer fitted. The video shows the appliance being used to vaccuum rubble etc but what it doesnt show is the dust that escapes if not using a bag and goes everywhere as it exits the machine from the lid/canister joint. The instruction manual doesnt mention this and neither does the video. I bought the micro filter to stop the dust escaping into the loft - waste of time and money given that I needed a bag!

The product itself is well made and very powerful but come on karcher - provide some decent instructions and certainly need to inform folk more about its different uses and what needs to be installed/bought for the different jobs.

Had no joy when phoning them either other than " oh you should use the bag when picking up dust ???" Whats the filter kits for then??? Just vacuuming up water by the look of things
on 7 May 2013
Sent the first one back because of damage in transit.Amazon superb service replacement arrived within two days. First time of use the filter kept blocking, then I read the instructions and found I needed an extra filter for soot. Since then I`ve found the Karcher a very good bit of kit,great suction
on 1 September 2013
Good, well made, what you would expect from this brand, I bought this to link with power tools; shame couldn't have a neat option for hose, just have to wrap around top. It's quite a bit lighter than you would think, but delivers real power, the on/off knob feels a bit light, would preferred it if it felt tighter, glad I went for this rather than the 1400watt model. I think you get allot for your money, only had it for few days but happy, would recommend.
on 9 October 2013
Found the suction initially to be amazing. Obviously the dust causes the filter to clog but this happened much faster than I expected. It does clean easily however be careful, as the filter does not take handle a tough beating to clean. Mine cracked after 4 cleans and cheapest I could get a replacement for was around £16.
Have found that using the ash can that Aldi sells/sold, acts as a great extra barriers to protect filter and for £18 was great value. Since using this there have been no problems with filter.
The power tool socket is a great feature and very uselful.
Overall a really good product however the filter issues need to be addressed.
on 26 September 2013
Very good product overall.
A big issue is which bag to use (if one elects to use bags). I ended up using the 3.300 bags with wide mouth opening.
Not to be confused with the DS5.200 for which the bags simpy do not fit.
It is also a rather big piece of kit. Not terribly suited to home use.
Great for patio/garage clearing - very powerful.
on 2 February 2014
I ordered this product because of its large capacity described for this item. However, once assembled and put to use, the container only holds half of the liquid, I.e. It stops sucking.
on 22 February 2013
Very useful piece of equipment does exactly what it says and is very versatile. Good solid machine without being too heavy
on 7 April 2014
Hello the Karcher works very well thank you and I am very pleased with it, however when I took it out of the packaging
I found that the base of it was broken, that it the yellow casing at the bottom, the packaging was not damaged at all
so I took it that had not been damaged in transit.. What should I do about it? I decided to make a plywood platform
for it and that is what I will do
regards B Dobson
on 15 December 2013
Love, love, love it. So much so I have since bought the steamer and am now about to buy the floor polisher. Fantastic brand.