on 2 December 2017
I have been working through 'Just walk across the room' (book, participant's guide and DVD) in an Anglican home group. The course does contain a couple of valuable ideas and guidance for those sharing their experience of Christian life with non-believers, but for me the experience of a wealthy American church populated by unnaturaly gregarious men (mostly men) doesn't find an easy parallell in a more reserved British setting. Bill is trying to remake all Christ followers (he never uses the word Christian) in his own image - and there are just not enough points of contact with my world to make work for me.
on 25 August 2016
Really love this book. It's challenged me and inspired me in equal measure. Hybels' style has always grabbed me. He approaches things very differently to me, but I find him helpful nonetheless. The church he has grown in Chicago is a million miles away from my experience here in England, but I feel there's much to be learned from him.
We have take our church small group through the book - although slightly differently to how Bill sets it out - and it has reaped rewards. Various members of the group have really changed their thinking and their approach to evangelism, and have taken giant steps 'across the room' having been challenged by what they've read.
Sure, it's cheesey and corporate in places, but Bill uses story after story to illustrate his points and the book is so easy to read.
Great stuff.
on 17 February 2015
When it comes to the perceived pressures of personal witnessing, and all the many good systems of evangelism that leave so many feeling cold, nearly useless and guilty, "Just walk across the room" seems to me to be a breath of fresh air and is a great help to avoiding the "Guilt trip" pressures and giving hope and expectation that God can use any christian to commend Christ to others without the tendency to think that "it all depends on my enthusiasm and dedication!"
We are using the DVD and study guide in our Home Group and we are finding it most helpful.
on 9 April 2017
Great great book! A mentor recommended this book and we did a sermon themes on this very book. brilliant practical tips to take and apply to your real everyday life! I can't recommend this book enough!!
on 9 August 2014
Written in such a light tone, with focus on ministry to others, alongside really practical everyday, every person application. As well as being useful, was also a joy to read.
on 29 July 2016
Once again a great book and great teaching aid many thanks
on 13 February 2016
Energising and inspiring. Well worth the read.
on 18 January 2016
I meant to order the book and unfortunately got the guide instead. Obviously it was my fault. Better luck next time.
on 26 August 2017
Very informative with good ideas for future house group topic.
on 4 April 2015
Very well-made and thought-provoking series of studies.