Customer reviews

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£0.99

on 24 June 2017
This is a very engaging collection of stories and Samuel West has such a delightful voice that the adults and children in our car enjoy listening to them. The stories are read in a very straightforward manner and put my 2 year old to sleep every time. My 4 year old follows and enjoys the stories however and laughs at all the numerous points. We cannot hurt ourselves now without complaining about our paddy paws.
on 19 May 2016
I sent the book, which had been a great favourite when I was a child (about 60 years ago!), to my great niece, who is 7. I received the most enthusiastic thank you card from her (in her own handwriting - good for her) and her mother, my niece, said that the day the parcel arrived, she had to read to Melissa for one and a half hours, she loved the stories and the illustrations so much! She also mentioned how lovely it was to receive a classic, old-fashioned children's book, written in such beautiful prose, which is still as well-received today as it was all those years ago. Even now, it is a joy to read Kipling for all ages.
on 4 February 2017
I absolutely love the just so stories - they are beyond wonderful. I bought this 'illustrated' book for my daughter and was horrified to receive a limp, poorly printed, barely illustrated copy of this classic. My advice would be to spend a little more & get a better version.
on 8 December 2016
Well having purchased this on CD back in 2009 it is still a firm favourite "remenisce" in the car on journey's that we as adults can agree to listen to when woman's hour is making the trip harder (I jest but you know what I mean).

A marvellous set of stories that are brought to life beautifully whether you grew up with Johnny Morris (of Animal magic fame ..& beyond) or not.

Classic kipling which might help your child move in terms of author story & genre recognition to more advanced kipling offerings ;)
on 23 July 2014
Ok so Rudyard Kipling is now deeply unfashionable, a product of the Raj and tainted with the unacceptable opinions of the past.

None of that is evident in these classic stories which are keenly observed and beautifully written. Most people will have heard of the cat that walked alone, but maybe fewer people will know of the butterfly that stamped or how the elephant got his trunk or the leopard his spots.

If you've never read these, you owe it to yourself, or your children, to try.
on 18 July 2017
As the book title says child hood classics I went ahead and bought this. However there is hardly any pictures in and more like an adult noval. Incredibly difficult for an 7-8 year old to get there head into. Such a shame
on 9 April 2017
These classical stories will awaken your little ones imagination, beautifully read and with classical music in the background it is a pure joy to listen them, especially for the rest time or bed time, I recommend it for the nursery environment
on 22 May 2017
A bad OCR scan of a 1902 edition which hasn't even been proof-read and so is full of typographical errors which makes it largely unreadable. I was given a refund within one hour of opening the item!
review image
on 12 May 2017
An absolute favourite of mine I've always loved Ruyard Kipling.
on 16 June 2017
Wonderfully imaginative stories for reading to children.