Colour: Medium Brown|Change

on 23 February 2013
The stuff works,i did not tell anyone I had dyed my hair but they just said i looked well and slimmer in the face.I am a white guy but and as I got older my hair turned black and envied for it I had an Italian thing going girls loved it.Then got old hit 50 gone mainly grey.Grey hair worked for George Clooney but not if he was working stacking shelves.To the old single guys this is how you do it.Order a shade close to your own hair colour put petroleum jelly just around your hairline and around your face behind your ears and neck .Dont worry too much because the stuff does not seem to drip,in fact i did mine when i came back from the pub.Now do the instructions and rub in like shampoo dont miss the back,make sure all the hair is wet.Wait four minutes and then jump in the shower wait till there is no colour in the shower and wash with your shampoo.Now you might feel self conscious about your new appearance but nobody really notices they just think you look well.Go on shave a few years of your cv they are not allowed to ask how old you are anway. I wish you all the best.
on 26 March 2010
Used Grecian 2000 a few years back which should have turned grey to black after a few applications, but did not work for me. Let my hair stay grey after this disappointment. Recently used this product for the first time. Was very impressed with the colour/coverage after a single 5 min application, the colour looked "normal" with underlying hair shades coming through, not the uniform obviously dyed look that I was half expecting.

As an economy option, I only mixed sufficient of two parts for my short hair, about one third per application. Going on present hair growth, for me, a re-application would be required every 5 to 7 weeks.
on 9 September 2014
One star id one star to many, let me start of by saying I have used just for men many times (light brown) I saw this on amazon and I quote what it advertise as natural light brown. Product arrived on time so I guess that's worth a star at the very least, the good news ends there.. I used the product exactly the same way as I have used it before and left it on my hair 5 mins and no more. Went ahead and washed it off and Whoa!! I had a head of almost dark black hair it was that dark, I was far from amused I can tell you. So I went ahead and gave my hair at least a dozen more shampoos to no avail it has not budged the colour what so ever, which is another strange thing as previously just for men washes out really easy...not this stuff I have even tried lemons and all sorts to lighten it. Bottom line STEER CLEAR of this one .. and thanks for making me look like elvis
on 6 May 2013
I'm 49 and this is the first time in my life that I've ever used hair dye.

Previously I'd always just kept my hair very short, almost shaved, to conceal the grey hairs. Well, not conceal as such, maybe not emphasise as much.

But I thought I'd give it a try. Most of my female friends dye their hair, in fact most women seem to dye their hair, and if the worst came to the worst I could always just shave it all off and start again.

I must confess that I was slightly alarmed by the list of chemicals on the box, but I went ahead with the test patch and that came up fine.

The application process itself was surprisingly easy and straightforward, though I'd recommend that you have someone help you as it's virtually impossible to see all the hairs on the back of your head, so some will get missed as a consequence. The solution didn't drip everywhere, didn't smell too overpowering and didn't dry out my hair horribly. It was quick too, only five minutes then wash it all out.

I was quite impressed with the results, though I did look rather alarmingly like Steven Seagal at first which is never a good look. No one has really said anything and I don't really feel any different, but the colour has faded somewhat in just a week and does look more natural now.

I've given this product four stars for two reasons:

1. I don't think it will last six weeks, four would be a good result, though I do wash my hair every day. And nearly eight pounds every four weeks, if you want to maintain the illusion of course, isn't particularly brilliant value for money, though that's probably far cheaper than having it done professionally.

2. Nothing changes inside: you are still the age you are, you are still the person you are. If you've got bags and wrinkles and laughter lines, then hair dye isn't going to change that, though at least it's not the Pandora's Box of cosmetic surgery.

I would still recommend it though just to try it, see if you like it and whether it would be something you'd be happy to do long term. I can't be bothered and don't mind being the age I am or the shape I'm in, but I'm glad I gave it a whirl.

Derek
on 12 September 2008
I had been nagging at my husband to let me dye his hair to cover his grey flecks for ages and he finally gave in last weekend and let me do it.

I used 'Just for Men', it was quick, easy and the results were great. I really think it makes him look younger and sexy. Anybody who hadn't seen his hair with the flecks of grey in it would never know it was dyed because the colour is just a perfect match.

If you are in doubt just do it, it will eventually grow out so you have nothing to loose! My husband agrees he looks great and we will be dying his hair on a regular basis from now on to keep the grey at bay!
on 1 November 2013
the colour is very natural my hairdresser coudnt believe i had dyed my hair!
also the colour is darker than i thought it would be mind you i left it on over the 5mins as per instructions - i would now rinse it off in the shower after just 4mins on my hair to give a better blend in to my hair colour,

from my experiance the higher the 'H' number the darker the dye is so im now trying the H20 Ash Brown which looks to be correct for my naturaly light brown hair (lol! tried the Med Brown H40 is way way to dark my hair went a whole shade darker it was noticable very.

overall a really good product that i like and will keep using this once you find the correct H number! i re-dye my hair around 4 or 5 weeks before the natural growth of my hair shows any grey appearing ( a 5min chore quickly appliedand finshed.
on 25 July 2015
I used this product a few years ago when my hair was quite short and it worked perfectly. My hair is now shoulder length and after noticing that it was virtually grey all over, I decided to try it again. Happily, I can say that it works just as well. There was enough product to cover all of my hair, despite it being as long as it is, and there was 100% coverage of all the grey- which was vast! Reading reviews on here saying it doesn't work, I suggest those people are not mixing the 2 bottles properly- you have to shake the mix quite vigorously for several seconds to mix it. Also I have seen reviews from people reporting skin burns and/or redness. I suggest these people did not perform the allergy test prior to using it on their hair. It is written all over the instructions and on the packaging that if you haven't used the product before, you should perform the allergy test as some people can have a severe reaction to the colouring agent. If you buy this from Amazon, check the price! You will probably be able to buy it cheaper from your local supermarket or chemist.
on 9 July 2013
I have used just for men hair colour for years but recently I was experiencing coppery orange hair that was quite frustrating. I researched into this product and discovered a method to avoid the copper effect and here it is:

Get your hair cut a day or so before you use this product, get as much old copper hair cut out as you can. Wash your hair the day before you apply the product and do the allergy test just to make sure you are not allergic to the current batch, and don't put any grooming aid into you hair, and avoid anything that could make your hair sweaty and greasy. Choose a shade darker than your normal hair, I have medium brown but I found the warm colours turned my hair copper, so I opted for the dark brown/black. Then apply the product as stated in the instructions, the best type of product to go for is just for men shampoo in hair colour (I tried the autostop but I just got copper!) leave the product on the hair for a minute less than stated in the instructions otherwise it will turn too dark, (I used about 4 minutes) then rinse off in the shower thoroughly, using warm but not hot water. The instructions state you rinse then shampoo, but my hairdresser told me not to do this as the shampoo can strip out the colour before it has had time to bond to the hair properly, so rinse only. Then towel dry your hair. I did not shampoo my hair until about 48 hours after I had applied the product, and I used a standard colour protector shampoo. And I don't have copper hair! Yay!
on 21 April 2016
Good product that I have been using for some time. Used to purchase from supermarkets, however, they all seemed to have stopped selling it in favour of a more expensive variant with a comb attachment that simply does not work and is messy.
Glad to find this in stock and will now buy from here.
on 17 September 2008
I never thought I would see the day where I would buy hair dye for myself but I do and I do it because when I use it I look better.

The colour matches mine perfectly and the only way you would be able to tell I dye my hair is if you walked into my bathroom as I was doing it!

I don't think there should be a stigma attached to men trying to look good too so if you have a few grey hairs don't be afraid to colour them in because I do.