- Also check our best rated Biography reviews
The Journey Back from Hell: Memoirs of Concentration Camp Survivors Paperback – 28 Mar 1994
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
Forty years on, how do the survivors of the most horrific episode in world history regard their wartime experiences, and how have they come to terms with their memories? How did their experience of the Nazi concentration camps change them emotionally, psychologically, spiritually, politically? And what are their feelings about their former tormentors today?
In talking to some 120 survivors in 14 different countries – including political prisoners and resistance fighters – Anton Gill has produced a masterpiece of oral history that is both an account of the survivors lives after liberation and a testament to their courage.
Each experience of 'The Journey Back from Hell' is unique, and readers are free to draw their own conclusions from what the survivors tell them. But the combined effect of the stories is so poignant and important to the core experience of the twentieth century that nobody can afford to turn away – or to forget.
"Brilliant, compelling… an inspiration"
MAIL ON SUNDAY
"A thoughtful, caring book, full of sociological and psychological insight"
"The first-person narratives alone make this book worth reading"
Top customer reviews
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biography > Historical > Countries & Regions > Europe
- Books > Biography > Historical > Social & Urban History
- Books > Biography > Holocaust
- Books > Biography > Political
- Books > Biography > War & Espionage > World War II
- Books > History > Europe
- Books > History > Military History > World War II 1939-1945 > Battles & Campaigns > D-Day Landings
- Books > History > Social & Cultural > Jewish > Holocaust
- Books > History > Social & Cultural > Oral
- Books > History > World History
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Multicultural Studies > Jewish Studies