How Arabic Journalists Translate English-language Newspaper Headlines: Case Studies in Cross-cultural Understanding Hardcover – 1 Oct 2009
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"In a practical way, the study addresses... how national, political, cultural, religious, and socio-ideological views of the source and target audience affect not only the function of press headlines but also their content and even length." - Prof. Basil Hatim American University of Sharjah "To my knowledge this is the most systematic, most explicit, most detailed and theoretically best informed study of headlines to date. It is not just a comparative study of English and Arabic headlines, or a study of translation practices." - Prof. Teun van Dijk Pompeu Fabra University"
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Economics > Labour
- Books > Reference > Language
- Books > Reference > Writing > Journalism
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Government & Politics
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Communication Studies > Media & Communication Industries > Press & Journalism