Joseph Joseph Square Colander, Small - Green
- Large, vertical handles ensure they remain upright and stable whilst rinsing and draining food
- Square corners make emptying rinsed food much easier
- Big, vertical holes allow liquids to drain away quickly and efficiently
- Available in 3 sizes and a range of colours
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
This range of ergonomically designed colanders have several innovative features. Their large, vertical handles ensure they remain upright and stable whilst rinsing and draining food, and leave one hand free for operating the tap. Their square corners make emptying rinsed food much easier and big, vertical holes allow liquids to drain away quickly and efficiently. This popular design is available in a range of sizes and colours to suit every task and kitchen. The small size is ideal where kitchen storage space is at a premium and the large size is ideal for rinsing and draining salad leaves or big portions of pasta. The large size also incorporates an extra handle for additional support when draining heavy items. Dishwasher safe.
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
It also has a hole at the end of the handle so you can hang it up, and it is so attractive that I don't mind having it on display. The plastic is of very good quality and it is easy to clean (much easier than a sieve which I was using before to strain rice). It is surprising how much joy an object such as this can bring, especially after struggling with inferior models for so many years!
- You cannot hold them with one hand to strain
- They are bigger than they need to be and take up a lot of cupboard space
- Pouring the strained contents can be messy due to the shape
No more. This is the design colanders always should have been. Big handle for holding with one hand and square so the corners become pouring spouts. The holes are all drilled straight up and down despite the shape of the item, so drainage is improved.
This is made of thick and durable plastic and does not bend or flex much, feels sturdy. The green one looks great and it is a fair price for a quality item.
I would pay double for this colander. It is designed extremely well with the key features (in my opinion) being:
1) It's size - it's got a great volume, so you can drain everything out a large pot at once.
2) Handle - it shields your hand from the main draining part so you don't need to worry about getting scalded by steam / hot water.
3) Stability - it has small legs to keep it balanced on the worktop or to keep it off the bottom of the kitchen sink.
4) Build - it's made from a solid plastic that doesn't warp or flex under heat.
My advice, if you are looking for a colander, is buy this one. You won't regret it.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I love it .I would recommend to everyone.There isn't anything negative about it.Published 4 months ago by Marzena K.
Good well made item, but if you are in a hurry for it go elsewhere, I ordered on the 25th October and received it on the 3rd December.Published 7 months ago by philayl