on 16 August 2013
This is a clever move by the author. Jordyn is something new and her story is not a continuation of the Saving Angels series but it runs closely enough beside it so as the characters from the S A series slot into the storyline without the plot being about them.
Like I said...Clever.
I liked Jordyn. She's badass in the best way and not afraid to get her hands dirty(or bloody) when the need arises. Emrys is a mystery still and I've got a feeling is going to turn into one of those tries-to-be-bad-but-can't-help-being-good boys that melt my insides.
I don't think you need to have read the Saving Angels trilogy to enjoy this but they are good books so why not download those too and read them first, don't forget to read this one though.
Supernatural romance and daemons getting an ass-whooping, what more can you ask for?
on 31 August 2013
Jordyn is a fighting machine. With no memory of her earlier life, with a rigorous training routine, her life is all about fighting.

But what she wants is a little less aggravation and a little more normalcy. As much as she enjoys her duties - despatching Daemons with her honed skills - there's a big lacking in her life which requires a good deal more attention from some good-looking boy and a good deal less attention from dark forces.

The reference to her guardianship - via Krista and Mark - is tidily explained as a link back to the Saving Angels Series. So even if you read this book as a standalone, you can easily pick up the back references... and if you've read the series from which this book is a spin-off, the author's exposition is neatly slotted in as a reminder.

...So all we need now is a boy to capture her interest...

Enter Emrys, the definition of a `Bad Guy' - whose occupation as a Soul Trader is highly disapproved of by those who care about Jordyn. Nevertheless, there's something magnetic about him that Jordyn finds hard to resist. You've got to read through the teasing prompts of the storyline patiently to see whether the guy gets the girl or whether the guy gets kicked on his back by an angry Jordyn.

And that's what a lot of the story is about... Jordyn's anger at having an empty past, and her frustration at having an uncertain future in a world of special-skill individuals, a world in which she is unsure just quite where she's supposed to fit in.

There's a liberal quota of secrets and misdirections to keep you puzzling throughout. A great cast of supporting characters from the original series. And a new discovery of a previously unknown skill which Jordyn uses to escape the pressures and, at times, overwhelming responsibilities that have been pressed upon her. Aside from being a great paranormal/romance, this is also a fascinating adventure. And, of course, it finishes with a clever hook to lead you onto the next book in the series. Recommended.
on 5 July 2013
A nice easy read - but a little different from the-run-of-the-mill demon fighter. Makes a change for a female to kick butt. Can't wait for the next book!
on 12 March 2014
I really enjoyed reading this book. I couldn't put it down. I defiantly recommend reading this book. I can't wait to read the next book in the series. There was a great amount of unexpected twist and turns that I defiantly didn't expect but it just added to the suspense. I enjoyed the romance, action and the mystery behind Jordyns life! Though the book ends on a sort of cliff hanger I feel as if the way Tiffany King brought it to a close was epic, it left me wanting more!!!
on 25 February 2015
Jordyn does not have any of what happened to her before the last 12 months. She lives with her aunt and Uncle, she is a Daemon hunter on the beach she felt that two daemons she must destroy had taken control of two human bodies from the morgue. After she has destroyed the daemons jordyn meets a soul trader Emerys as she goes to meet her trainer Arc Angle Haniel who orders her to move away from Emerys. I plan to continue reading the Daemon Hunter series of books
on 31 March 2013
This could have easily been five stars except it seemed too short. Tiffany King is an excellent writer and her characters are always well written as well as the story. Jordyn is an interesting character with Emrys as her potential bad boy love interest. I'm looking forward to book 2. I hope it's longer though, this one only took me a couple of hours to read.
on 15 March 2013
This book is an amazing spin-off from the Saving Angels series. This book is captivating from the beginning and takes you through a roller coater ride.
I already can't wait for the next book, love it! (:
on 8 March 2013
A refreshing supernatural story read it all in one sitting just couldn't put it down. Anyone who loves a good romance and a butt kicking female lead should pick up this book, well worth a read.
on 17 October 2013
I liked this book...but I didn't love it!
I read so far into this book and found that I was skipping parts just to find out what was going on.
it just wasn't for me.
on 16 August 2014
I have never read a book that stuck in my head until this one. I could re-read this book any day the twists and turns throughout the book makes me want to read the next book.