- Enjoy £1.00 reward to spend on movies or TV on Amazon Video when you purchase a DVD or Blu-ray offered by Amazon.co.uk. A maximum of 1 reward per customer applies. UK customers only. Offer ends at 23:59 GMT on Wednesday, December 20, 2017 Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Find all the best television shows from the other side of the pond in our US TV store and catch the latest shows in our 2014's Hottest TV page.
- Also check our best rated Box Set reviews
The Jonathan Meades Collection [DVD]
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
This three disc collection includes thirteen 10 shows drawn from those Meades has written and performed in since 1990. They belong to no genre but their own. They are staged essays, rehearsed artifices. They are biased and indifferent to 'balance'. By televisions standards they are visually elaborate and verbally complex. But theyre also comic entertainments, both witty and knockabout - they do not confuse seriousness with solemnity.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top Customer Reviews
The interview with Mark Lawson is included but as other reviewers have mentioned doesn't add to the package. Lawson spends most of his time reading through his prepared questions.
I can't help but feel that most televison is the cullinary equivalant of fast-food, and there is nothing wrong with that, in moderation. But the programmes made by Meades are simply some of the best ever made for the BBC. In culinary terms he is 3-star michellin restaurant and that has got to be a wonderful change to our usual TV dinner.
Please BBC, release onto DVD more of Meades's films and commission some new series??!!!
A pity that the box is a collection, I want to see all the episodes
That the BBC claim 'copyright' as a reason as to why they can't release more of these programmes is troublesome. I'm fairly sure that the programmes were BBC copyright when broadcast. Which idiot sold the copyright, to whom and why? Buy it back and release the programmes - some of us would pay a good deal to have the full collection.
Could anyone imagine the BBC commissioning these programmes in 2015? Sadly, nor can I. Back to Radio 4 then. Hey ho.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This collection of Jonathan Meades’s programmes for the BBC is woefully deficient in that it has only ten of the fifty or so that he completed between 1989 and 2008. Read morePublished 12 months ago by Nicholas Casley
DVD production quality is a bit mixed but the content is outstanding.Published 14 months ago by Firth Froth
I had this on my wish list for about 3 years, and a recent price drop prompted me to buy the thing. I bought it for the 'Magnetic North' episodes but they're on the last of this... Read morePublished 15 months ago by Mister P