Similar authors to follow
See more recommendations
He trained and worked as an architect but left the profession to become a stay-at-home dad and pursue a career as an author and paper engineer. His first book, Doohickey and the Robot, was published in 1999 and he has since written over 60 more books for children.
As well as writing picture books such as Bringing Down the Moon, Someone Bigger and The Princess and the Pig, Jonathan paper-engineers pop-up books. His books have been translated into over thirty different languages and have won several awards both in the UK and abroad.
Jonathan lives in Nottingham.
You can find out more about Jonathan and his books at his website at www.scribblestreet.co.uk
Customers Also Bought Items By
A photographic non-fiction book that explains the many different types of robots and their uses. The report tells how robots help us in industry, security, and in exploring uninhabitable environments such as other planets, volcanoes, and the depths pf the ocean.
• This e-book is best viewed on Kindle Fire in landscape view to optimise your experience.
• Blue/Band 4 books offer longer, repeated patterns with
sequential events and integrated literary and natural language.
• Text type – A non-chronological report.
• A labelled diagram on pages 14 and 15 shows the inner workings of a robot, providing the opportunity to further discuss the information.
• Curriculum link – Science: Ourselves
• This book has been levelled for Reading Recovery.
Fearless pirate, Captain Cut-Throat, doesn't believe in monsters. When he and his dastardly crew set sail for a treasure island, they must first pass through THE MIST and as legend tells it, THERE BE MONSTERS IN THE MIST! But as the Captain says, monsters simply don't exist. But then who or what is gobbling up the Crew?
A thrilling, swashbuckling, pirate adventure from the award-winning creators of THE PRINCESS AND THE PIG and THE SANTA TRAP.