on 3 March 2017
Nice poster
on 31 January 2013
I, personally, found this confusing to use and so have abandoned it. It is a flimsy paper poster, easily torn, and would be better as a book. I'm not entirely sure how it is supposed to be used.
on 23 December 2014
Nice and colourful, large poster to display. Arrived promptly.
VINE VOICEon 15 November 2007
My son age 4 is learning his phonics sounds at home and this poster is in the living room and also his bedroom. We spend about 10mins sounding out the letter that he has learnt. The pictures along with the letter reminds your child (and you) the correct sound for each letter. Well worth the small price for this poster.
on 11 February 2006
My 5 year old is just learning Jolly Phonics and we now have this poster up in his bedroom to help the night time reading, it helps me and him sound the right letters rather than just saying them.
You only get a picture of each letter and the reminder i.e. "er" and a little picture of an electric whisk - so it won't give you enough detail if you know nothing about it, but if you just need a reminder its great.
on 5 February 2010
This is a bright poster that supports the Jolly Phonics system. Excellent system, much better than Letterland which I covered with my eldest son. The poster is perfect to run through what we have covered so far on the bedroon wall before bedtime!
on 14 February 2010
Quick service and item arrived in perfect condition.
The chart is an excellent tool for my son who is in P1 and learing to read using Jolly Phonics. He lies in bed and looks at the chart, practising his sounds!
on 4 August 2010
the poster is in bright bold colours. the songs are short and easy for a small child to learn. it is a fun way for to help a child learn the different sounds of letters
on 28 January 2011
You'll need to put some effort in if this poster is going on your child's bedroom wall. Unlike the A-Apple, B-Boat, you'll need to know the difference between /OO/ and |OO| and many more. A quick glance at the poster won't help, some of the drawings are not obvious.

It didn't work for us. The material and illustrations didn't inspire my son, and the non-alphabetical ordering didn't help me.

Once we had got past the simple phonetics, we moved on to real books and hunting for sounds in words that we already knew.

But every child is different. This might be a magic bullet for you.
on 9 November 2009
My 4 year old is in the foundation stage at school and is in the process of learning all his letter sounds using Jolly Phonics. He has this poster on his bedroom wall and he loves to work his way through the letter sounds and often does this without any adult involvement. Each letter has an associated action which you can find full details of on the Jolly Phonics website, however the poster gives you a clue as to what the action is for each letter to save you having to look it up and gives the child a little reminder. This poster is a great teaching aid and my little boy is always keen to show us all the letters that he knows or is currently learning.